The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

car took forever to start, and then it was weird

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95talontsi

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2002
Princeton, NJ_Montgomery
This morning my car took forever to start, I kept cranking all, then decieded I've probably flooded it, so I went inside for a few minutes. I came back out and tryed it again, it barelly started, really really rough, idle was bad, I gave it some gass, and slowly it smoothed out. it starts fine now and I reset the CEL light hasn't come back. The car had been sitting there for 3 days btw. Any idea's

Originally posted by DrZiplok
...Just a few thoughts.

Not to forget the blown / leaking head gasket. Quick like a bunny retorque head bolts and see if that changes anything. Have you been having to add water?

Cheers,
GTM

Most cars will do this if they have been sitting a few days. Start it, Let it warm up, shut it down, then try it in a few hours. If it starts up I wouldn't be concerned unless that CEL keeps presenting itself.

Just another opinion.

I had a similar problem in my 1g. I am not sure if it is the same, but here goes. From what I read, when the coolant sensor goes out it tells tme computer the temp is 187 degress (or something like that). I causes the car to be very hard to start and it idles very rough or not at all. The wire had disconnected from my sensor. I hooked it back up and BAM!, like night and day...now if I could only figure out why the fans won't work...if you have any ideas see the overheating thread.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back