The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

car still stranded, not pump..ignition?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcedfedgsx

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2003
OhioUS
i posted about car stranded and fp dead but its not. so i guess its ignition, i put a volt meter on the plug wire aand grounded it to the car and it didnt read any real voltage. how can i test the ignition system? i was getting rich/lean reading before this happenedand the car was running weird for like a month. i guess it could be the cas cause it was running weird then it quit while driving it..?any help on ignition, cas, or ways to test any thing would be great.

Go to you local automotive store and purchase a spark tester..sells for 5 bucks tops. Put it on the end of you spark plug wire and ground the tester to you chasis. Have someone crank the engine and see if you see the spark jump. Continue this procedure with the remaning wires. If everything checks out and has a good spark, then it is not your ignition system.

tested the CAS it works or atleast i think so cause it cycles through from a low voltage to high when turning it over. I still dont have any spark. I need some help. what about the crankshaft position sensor? or the ecu??

Originally posted by jrivard00
Go to you local automotive store and purchase a spark tester..sells for 5 bucks tops. Put it on the end of you spark plug wire and ground the tester to you chasis. Have someone crank the engine and see if you see the spark jump. Continue this procedure with the remaning wires. If everything checks out and has a good spark, then it is not your ignition system.
Do This.. A multimeter is a poor way to check for spark

hey thanks for the help. i found a loose connector on a sensor that connects to the intake manifold. Im not sure what it is but since i have a 1 gen manifold and head i just have it bolted to the manifold and it was unclipped. It started right after.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back