The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car still doesnt go into gear!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboFritz

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 24, 2010
Kewaskum, Wisconsin
OK so i have a 95 talon TSI AWD..... just put a old school 2900 lb clutch in that was in a buddies car for about 10 miles, basically brand new. The only problem is i cant get it into gear, im close but just cant seem to get the slave rod to move enough.

Basically i have replaced every part of the hydrualic system, all oem, bled it a bunch, vacuum bled it a bunch. and well in the end i just cant get the slave rod to move enought to disengage my clutch.

I know that is the problem becuase.... follow me here.... I know how to properly adjust the master rod, and it i am to adjust the rod fully out, blocking the bleader valve, i can then take a pry bar to my clutch fork, move it a hair into disengagemant, and since the bleeder is closed in the master the slave auto adjusts out but cant go back in....

So basically in this step i am preloading the travel distance just a wee bit, and guess what the pedal gets harder and i can slide right into gear. Though doing this preload the clutch is minorly disengaged whenthe pedal is no being pushed. I dont drive it like this but this leads me to believe that it is possible to get my car into gear and its not a "clutch or Pressure Plate" problem.

Basically i just need the pedal to travel a little more or need the master to build more pressure in the travel it has now... i have no clue!!!

Once i preload it the pedal works fine with the new pressure so i know my system can hold it, thats not the problem. i have no leaks that i can find and yes i washered the pivot ball... like 3 washers, i dont know if i can many more without the fork being so far out it rubs on the PP soon.

Any help would be awesome, i spend 8 months building this thing and it starts and runs great its just that now that it runs it wont move. I have also pulled the trans once and all is good lookign and installed right.

my only suggestion is to check your pedal assembly you might be losing that little bit of movement there. also is your clutch fork in good condition, if its bent slightly that would also lose you a little travel even if you put washers behind the pivot ball.

If i pull the trans again the pivot ball and fork are definelty going to be replaced, and i am going to look at my pedal assembly one of these days. I work way to much to have time for dsm's haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back