The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car started running funny...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91TSI505

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2003
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
Today as i was out doing some things in noticed my car was running a little off,like it was putting or missing a little.After i got to the grocery store i popped my hood and noticed some oil had been leaking out of my oil cap,then i noticed some smoke coming out of the crankcase breather.........I turned my car off and let it sit for a minute,checked the oil to find out it was VERY low so i put some Mobil 1 in(Found i have a leak also,think its just the filter not being tight enough) started it back up and then it seemed to be OK.....then it went back to doing the same thing again.I parked at my house,popped my hood again....this time no smoke from the CC breather but it still ran funny.I turned up my idle a little(1K)....a little better but still not quite the same,My mods are listed....i just changed my plugs/oil,does it sound like i just need to have the timing adjusted?The Magnecore wires i have are only 1 month old......I was running 18-19psi just the other day(14-15psi now),otherwise i don't horsebeat my car..any help would be appreciated,Thanks!

P.S. should i switch to Royal purple?Mobil 1 seems to get dirty really quick.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back