The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Car start without ecu?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IceDragon

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 13, 2004
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
A local man who is building up a TSI told me that you can make a DSM run without the ecu by doing something to a relay i believe. And I Just want to see how crazy this guy is... so is it possible?

I told him that too, but now I have proof haha...

Yes it is possible, but not cheap.
You will need a
new intake manifold
A carburetor
A fuel pump pressure reducer
A wire schematic for the transmission or out right replace transmission.

In some severe engine conversions a complete engine and transmission replacement is required and frame modifications are needed.

I have done this to a 2014 Chevy Impala and a 2012 Ford F150. Both of these vehicles now run with a points distributor and travel to car shows to prove to people it can be done.

Yes it is possible, but not cheap.

Please reread the 13 year old question.

It wasn't could you convert the engine to run via mechanical controls. It was can you bypass the ECU via a relay and have it run.

Even if it can actually be done.

Why the hell would u run a carburetor and points ignition on a freaking turbo vehicle, made to run with an ecu, injectors, etc?
Look I read that it was impossible. All I said that it is possible. It may not make sense, but still very much possible and a crap load of money.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back