The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Car Sitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97tal

10+ Year Contributor
May 13, 2012
Raritan, New_Jersey
Im using this car as a project car and will not be used as a daily driver at all. So basically Im wondering if I have to stabilize the gas or any fluids in there since it will not be driven until Im done with the build. Thanks

It does not hurt. If you don't you will depending how long it will sit of alcohol build up and have problems later.

If you plan on taking a year to build the engine then poor some fuel stabilizer in it, otherwise you should be ok. I've let engines sit up for well over 6 months and they had no problems starting. All of your other fluids should be fine.

I would drain the tank and use the fuel in whatever you currently drive or for lawn and garden equipment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back