The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

car shakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsemustang

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 15, 2005
suburbs, Minnesota
Ok so i stored my car for the winter about 3 weeks ago, and last weekend my dad asked if he could drive it for a while because we were down one winter car, and i have winter tires plus i have fwd and he has rwd. so he takes off my 18's and puts on my winter tires which have been sitting in the garage for about a year, and he starts to drive my car home from the storage garage, which is a 25 min highway drive, and he notices the car is "shaky" but he keeps driving because he was in a hurry. he later finds out he didnt put the tires on very tightly, and they may not have been snug. so he tightened everything down and it still feels shaky. so i take off the tires and put them back on nice and snug and i drive it past my dad going about 5 mph and he says tires look to be on right, but the car feels like it moves back and forth real oddly and you can see how it moving back and forth when you watch it drive past. any clue what the problem is?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back