The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Car selling dilemma....not sure what to do

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dead_95tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2003
PennsylvaniaUS
I bought a riced out prelude from my friend 2 weeks ago for a rediculously low price with plans on selling it for some profit. I went to get the title transferred last friday and was given a pink slip for temporary registration. Well as it just so happens, this week a kid I know offered to buy it for a very, very, very good price. He has the cash and wants the car asap. Well here's my problem.... I'm not sure how I can sell him the car until I get the actual title back. I called up the notary and they told me that I should be receiving it in 2 to 5 weeks?! :cry: I really want to make this deal legit with the kid before he thinks twice and backs out of it. What can I do? Is there anyway around this???

nope nothing u can do. Legally w/o the title signed over to him, he doesn't own it.

But damn 2-5 weeks?? Something wrong with ur states SOS. It's 7 business days here in MI.

halik

I had the same problem so I just let the guy drive on my temp plate untill the title got here. He paid me in full and singned a contract stating that he had purchased said car and waived me of all resposibility of said car, and that we we waiting for the title. Worked out great I got my money he got the car.

carwizard1 said:
I had the same problem so I just let the guy drive on my temp plate untill the title got here. He paid me in full and singned a contract stating that he had purchased said car and waived me of all resposibility of said car, and that we we waiting for the title. Worked out great I got my money he got the car.

This seems like a very good idea but is it actually legitimate? Lets say the worst happens...will this contract hold up in court?

Hm.

All it takes out here is a Release of Liability, and the new guy's ass is on the hook if he crashes it- which, after getting paid, is your main concern. They don't use Notaries out here for most car stuff.

States are just weird.

out of curiosity, if u dont mind, what is "cheap" and "a really good price" (numbers)?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back