The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car Search Continues...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well Traveled

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2004
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Well, still looking for a car. Here's a few cars I'm leaning towards.

01 Acura Integra GSR 32k miles $12000 black 5speed

Grand Prix GTP probably 98-2002, Only automatics..

3g, still looking at these, although I've heard some bad things, they are cheap

00 Celica GTS blk 43k $12000 6speed

What are you guy's opinions on these cars? Again, I'm keeping it stock or mostly stock and driving it in the winter and while I'm working on the talon. Thanks guys,
Keith

Oh, my budget is about $10-12k, so if I should look at diff cars give some suggestions.

Well Traveled said:
Well, still looking for a car. Here's a few cars I'm leaning towards.

01 Acura Integra GSR 32k miles $12000 black 5speed

Grand Prix GTP probably 98-2002, Only automatics..

3g, still looking at these, although I've heard some bad things, they are cheap

00 Celica GTS blk 43k $12000 6speed

What are you guy's opinions on these cars? Again, I'm keeping it stock or mostly stock and driving it in the winter and while I'm working on the talon. Thanks guys,
Keith

Oh, my budget is about $10-12k, so if I should look at diff cars give some suggestions.

01 'Teg Fun to drive, pretty good build quality. Not fast with bolt-ons.

GTP Drives like a pig. Transmissions don't like to make much more than stock power. The faster guys are in the 13s with I/E/pulley, and intercooler. OK build quality.

3g, good commuter mule. Not fast, doesn't handle especially well. It is built on the Galant platform after all.

00 Celica, decent little car. Synchro problems if the previous owner liked the revs. Underpowered but fun to drive. Decent build quality.

Other thoughts
1.8t Golf or 1.8t A4 Decent build quality, decent ride, fun to drive and underpowered in stock form. Questionable reliability. Available in AWD for the A4.

'02 WRX It will be higher mileage in your price range, but they do exist. AWD in MI winters is a big plus. OK interior, fun to drive. 4 door practicality.

Otherwise, if you like the looks and you find a car in good shape, buy it. Really, if you're looking at a commuter mule, just buy what you like best.

Just my opinions. Good luck car hunting.

Just dont get a 02' celica because they put a really crappy rev limiter and people of the celica industry say they messed up by making it.

Celicas can be nice, plus the GTS has Lift.

I would get the celica. They are canyon carvers. They may not have the power but they have a way better suspension set up than a dsm.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back