The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

car running rich

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GFWDbeast

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 17, 2010
kenosha, Wisconsin
this may sound really weird but when at idle on the wideband runs around 14.7-16.8 or so and when i push on the break pedal my car will run rich like in the 10's when i take my foot off it goes back up i have a 97 gs-t

One more question is the car suppose to run at 14.7 at idle and while cruising i hear different opinions

when you push on the brakes that cause some kind of vacum in the motor but my car does the same thing its weird.

when your motor is at idle there is vacuum in the intake manifold. vacuum is kinda like the reverse of pressure. and when you step on the brake your brake booster "fills" with vaccum so there is less in your intake manifold for a few seconds which makes your fuel pressure rise.

mine does the same but my voltage also drops to about 12.8-13.5 sometimes when im at a stoplight with the brakes pressed. The car also idles down and wants to run rough but as soon as im off the brakes its fine..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back