The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

car running lean

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbeats

Probationary Member
May 7, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Im having a problem with leaning out and I saw in a lot of articles that there is a screw in the mas that you can screw in or out to richen or lean out your mixture. My question is, by screwing in the screw does it richen up the mixture at WOT?

The screw on the side of the MAS is how Mitsu calibrated our cars for different region's altitudes. The passage flows "unmetered"air.. so tightening the screw will allow less air to flow (run richer) and backing it out will allow more to flow (leaner).

The consequence of tightening that screw is that your MAS will now meter more air and fuelcut is more likely.

I'd either lower your boost or get an AFPR if you're keeping the 14B for a while.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back