The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Car Photography

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esibnitsud

15+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2004
Spokane, Washington
Well I have saved up and the time has come to make my new purchase (well next weekend LOL). I will be buying a Nikon D70, as well as a very nice tripod setup, an sb-800 flash, and a 70-300 mm Nikkor ED Lense.

I plan on doing a bit of paid work here and there, including some car photography. Basically for now Im just gonna be paying for new equipment/building my portfolio while I work full time. After about another 6 months of work I will be going to school for a photgraphy AA.

Maybe someday I will shoot for a mag like SCC, or Car and Driver! Anyways, expect to start seeing me post all kinds of photos in here! What kinda Prices would you guys pay for proffesional prints/photot sessions of your cars?

I was thinking offering something like this...
1-2 hour photo shoot with the car and driver.
Location will be discussed and decided with the client before schedualing the shoot.
While talking to the client I will get a feel for what sort of emotion and style they have and what the car has. Then we will work tofather to find the right place to shoot.
After the shoot I will create a photo CD of the proofs and go over them with the client, and decide which photos would like to be printed, and if any special post proccesing work is wanted.

Prices would prob be 150-200 dollars for the shoot. This would include 8x10 prints, 4x6 prints, and wallet size pictures, as well as a photo CD and one year of hosting the images online for the client.

Please give me any feedback you have! Good or bad!

Sounds like a good plan and it should work out for you. I am going to JCCC (a local community college) for photography beggining of 05'. This is also something I want to try to pursue.

hmmm, are you willing to spend airfare and lodging, or would the clients come to you? how would that work? id love to do that for my husband, but we are in socal...

WulfShadow said:
hmmm, are you willing to spend airfare and lodging, or would the clients come to you? how would that work? id love to do that for my husband, but we are in socal...

theres no way i could afford airfare, but if your ever in the spokane washington area i would do it.

Defiant said:
Just on the edge of the rules, Eb. If you want to go into business and advertise on here, ask Ludachris.

But still, open for now.

Defiant, im not advertising this intentionally, what i doing is trying to get a feel for what people would want from a company that offered a service like this. I am not even offering it currently. Its just nice to get a feel for peoples reaction to the idea. If you feel that it shouldnt be here by all means throw a lock on, but ill leave that to your discretion.

very good pics! gotta love the broken pics :laugh: / :cry:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back