The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Car not starting after head gasket job

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brannflakes

Proven Member
Apr 2, 2013
Front Royal, Virginia
This is on a 420a. The car will crank forever but never start. So far I've checked compression, spark, timing, fuel and all the plugs and wires I could find. I have been trying to figure this out for a while and just cant get it. I dot know if I am missing something obvious or what but any help would be appreciated.

The check engine light is not on... can there still be codes anyway? But I'm going to work on getting fuel pressure back, then I will take another look at the injector wiring. (I could have just very easily missed the click on the injectors as I was trying to use a screw driver and I'm not very observant)

there can still be codes without a cel. its just not a ready code. use a multi meter and test the resistance in the injectors. if those are good and not pulsing, look into the cam sensor or ecu. also, theres an asd relay on the 420a cars. its an auto shut down. if it gets a signal that something is wrong, itll shut the car down. check all your fuses and test the relays. if you have to, open up the ecu and see if it smells like fish. thatd be a sign that its bad. that screw on the fuel rail with the bicycle tire air cap is a shrader valve. used to test fuel pressure

check engine light. cel for short. sometimes something small like an egr solenoid or tps code won't trigger an engine light. theyre there but not a ready code so the light is off

I have fuel pressure now!! (had a bad fuel pressure regulator) I just checked and I am only getting .3 volts at the injectors.. any ideas why there is basically no power?

The cam angle sensor and the crank sensor were both replaced very recently so I don't think they have gone bad.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back