The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

car kicks under boost after maft install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4BangerV8Killer

Banned Member
Aug 25, 2004
San Martin, California
yesterday i installed my blow thru setup and now when i hit boost anything over 10 psi my car kicks and looses all power....i tried to tune the maft the best i could and left my safc settings as they were from before the install.....what could be causing this?

i tuned the base and idle on the maft but left the mid and wot zeroed out. is this ok? and just tune the mid/high with the safc?

but what would cause the kicking?

Could eather be a boost leak problem.
Check your Injector Duty Cycles to make sure that they look good to.

I use to have this problem but I cant remember exactly what it was. I think I had a massive boost leak at my TB and once I had the Gaskets replaced that fixed it. Might not be the same problem for you but just do a Leak Test and see what happens.

ya i just did one and no leaks except for a small one by the tb..but thats been there since before the install

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back