The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Car is SUPER rich and I'm not sure why

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXV8Killa

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 12, 2012
Warsaw, New_York
Finally got my car all together and on the road but now Im having what seems to be a fuel issue. Stock injectors and boost. Have to slowly roll into the throttle because car sputters and wont clean out then when it does just doing a pull at 1/2 throttle the wideband is reading 10.5-10.8. Im new to all this but i feel like its leaning out? Also once i get over 5-5.5k its hitting what i believe is fuel cut. My fpr is set at 43-43.5 and I am running a walbro 255

Last edited:
Check your spark plug gap. Should be about .028 if I remember right. I had a sputter problem and that was the cause. Also it might be a boost leak.

While letting the car idle last night (which is high around 1400) the wideband was reading anywhere from 11.0-12.8. Then it was staying in the 12.5-12.7 range then jumped all the way to 10.9. This is all at idle without touching anything. I turned the fpr up and down without making a single difference in the readings.

Yes and I just recently cleaned it

Could my MAF be bad and giving false readings to the ecu? I have a MAF translator setup in a box somewhere. Should I throw that setup in and adjust the settings for injector size and see if the car runs any different?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back