The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Car is gone....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget all that Navigator madness. Get a Denali! The really big one, XL whatever, pick your alphabet soup.

Sorry to see you go! Its been a long run! Good luck with your next car!:cool:

-mike :talon:

Hey everyone, just want to introduce myself here. I found this car for the individual who purchased it. I don't want to attack anyone here, but I will point out the pros and cons of this car even if people don't want to hear it, sorry.

First impression of the car is wow, clean looking, rims are great. exhaust is super straight with 2 bends just like he says. It could use a bit of paint though. Interior is nice, windows work fine but the rear wiper, high beams, and horn do not work. Minor setbacks at most.

Secondly, there is a nice big crack in the SFP manifold right where the WG meets the 2nd runner. No one had noticed this untill I did yesterday, and I feel the owner should have been more upfront about that.

third, there was no valve cover gasket on the engine. It was just a quick silicone job which appeared pretty fresh because the day they checked the car out it did not leak, but yesterday the VCG area was pouring oil out and soaking the intake manifold and dripping all over the engine as well as puddling in the injector holes.

Fourthly the EGT bung is taken out of the manifold but he left the EGT gauge in there, again not telling anyone about it. He was quick to mention that he would put in a different cd player which to its defense is a quality unit but not the one that was advertised in the ebay add

There were also numerous vacuum lines disco'd and just running around the engine bay aimlessly, as well as open/uncapped vacuum ports on the TB along with a 4pin plug that wasn't hooked up causeing the idle to creep from 800 to 1300 and then drop down to 800 and repeat.

The intake manifold has a crack in it to, however that happened? Maybe no one ever saw that before.

And lastly the car blows considerable smoke out the tailpipe when under any sort of load. Enough to cover my windsheild following him up a moderate incline. I don't know if all 4g63's do this, but at WOT it would peg the oil gauge at 100psi. Not sure if that is too high or what, but I think possibly it could have lead to blown turbo seals, as the compression test came out 180's across the board.

So in conclusion Ifeel this car is about 75% complete. There should be some sort of gratutious grace period buy back for this car because I think it was pretty bad to rip off a 17yo kid for $14000 and leave the car in this sort of condition. It didn't leak oil on inspection day, but the day it's picked up its dripping all over the garage. Off the top that just looks a bit dishonest. Maybe the seller will be able to clarify issues, and I wish I could have spoken with him in person before the transaction. Those poor guys didn't quite know what they were getting themselves into, stupid 400hp gsx :) :) I'm sure they will even kick in the $50 valve cover gasket as a freebie though ;)

wow, i dont know what to say, but the kid should have gotten so excited and payed attention more. IMO, but im sure this will get locked now.

tompkins said:
Hey everyone, just want to introduce myself here. I found this car for the individual who purchased it. I don't want to attack anyone here, but I will point out the pros and cons of this car even if people don't want to hear it, sorry.

First impression of the car is wow, clean looking, rims are great. exhaust is super straight with 2 bends just like he says. It could use a bit of paint though. Interior is nice, windows work fine but the rear wiper, high beams, and horn do not work. Minor setbacks at most.

Secondly, there is a nice big crack in the SFP manifold right where the WG meets the 2nd runner. No one had noticed this untill I did yesterday, and I feel the owner should have been more upfront about that.

third, there was no valve cover gasket on the engine. It was just a quick silicone job which appeared pretty fresh because the day they checked the car out it did not leak, but yesterday the VCG area was pouring oil out and soaking the intake manifold and dripping all over the engine as well as puddling in the injector holes.

Fourthly the EGT bung is taken out of the manifold but he left the EGT gauge in there, again not telling anyone about it. He was quick to mention that he would put in a different cd player which to its defense is a quality unit but not the one that was advertised in the ebay add

There were also numerous vacuum lines disco'd and just running around the engine bay aimlessly, as well as open/uncapped vacuum ports on the TB along with a 4pin plug that wasn't hooked up causeing the idle to creep from 800 to 1300 and then drop down to 800 and repeat.

The intake manifold has a crack in it to, however that happened? Maybe no one ever saw that before.

And lastly the car blows considerable smoke out the tailpipe when under any sort of load. Enough to cover my windsheild following him up a moderate incline. I don't know if all 4g63's do this, but at WOT it would peg the oil gauge at 100psi. Not sure if that is too high or what, but I think possibly it could have lead to blown turbo seals, as the compression test came out 180's across the board.

So in conclusion Ifeel this car is about 75% complete. There should be some sort of gratutious grace period buy back for this car because I think it was pretty bad to rip off a 17yo kid for $14000 and leave the car in this sort of condition. It didn't leak oil on inspection day, but the day it's picked up its dripping all over the garage. Off the top that just looks a bit dishonest. Maybe the seller will be able to clarify issues, and I wish I could have spoken with him in person before the transaction. Those poor guys didn't quite know what they were getting themselves into, stupid 400hp gsx :) :) I'm sure they will even kick in the $50 valve cover gasket as a freebie though ;)

You have some valid points, but are you going to buy a car without a more thorough inspection? I sure wouldn't. Especially for $14,000.

I don't think Thompkins is breaking any rules here - he did a good job giving a balanced account of what happened. I think if everyone can manage to keep cool, good responses would help get the issues resolved & explained.

tompkins said:
He was quick to mention that he would put in a different cd player which to its defense is a quality unit but not the one that was advertised in the ebay add

but this is at the bottom of the ebay ad. "Pioneer In Dash DVD player ONLY available at buy it now price. I will substitute a cd player that will run everything correctly if bought at 20,000, Witch will be negotiated after auction no problem."

HokieDSM said:
I don't think Thompkins is breaking any rules here - he did a good job giving a balanced account of what happened. I think if everyone can manage to keep cool, good responses would help get the issues resolved & explained.

Cliff, I understand and respect your opinion always. 2 things are wrong here.

1. No vendor feedback. Matt was the vendor in this transaction.
2. If the guy that bought the car has 14K to spend on a car then he has enough money for a computer and internet. He could get an account, become a member, and PM Matt with his issues on the car.

If Thomkins is going to complete his profile and help the dsm community, then cool. If not, there's no need for becoming a member in the first place.

This will develop into a back and forth between this guy and Matt.

If you have a problem with the condition of the car that is between you and him.

We are not going to play arbitrator to hear one side then the other.

tompkins said:

Tompkins, please have the buyer leave feedback on Matt in his Buyer/Seller rating (in his profile) and have him post his experiences with Matt here as well:

http://63.247.78.146/~vendors/forums/viewforum.php?f=6

We're not closing this thread to protect Matt. We're closing it because we don't want users trying to resolve issues like this here on the site. We've gone to great lengths to explain ways to prevent being ripped off and have a Buyer/Seller rating system to prevent these threads from coming about. We also link to Vendors-Reviewed.com to help people point out fraud. I'm hoping the kid who bought this car is able to get it working correctly without too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back