The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Car idles fine, let out on the clutch and it bogs down and starts bucking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95gstboost

Probationary Member
Feb 27, 2013
Ok heres the deal I just replaced my timing belt and water pump yadda yadda. Car had better acceleration but a strange vibration from 3K-and up. I chalked it up to balance shaft wasnt exactly in time with crank no big deal. was driving back to work last night and i heard a light clink on the driver side figured it was a rock no biggie. I downshifted and my car bogged down hard and my boost gauge pegged out like i had an IC hose loose or something. I checked all vac and IC hoses everything was good and tight. I thought maybe timing but I checked it all marks line up mint!! but now it wont idle and when i try to go it loses all power and bucks harder than a bull at the county fair!! also my BOV is sounding like it is continously bleeding pressure. could a snapped BOV spring cause this?? Please I have searched the newbie forums and some threads come close at first but go way off of what my car is doing. Please help its my DD and right now my only transpo!!!!!

Yes, a really leaky, i mean really leaky, bov sucking unmetered air in could do this. Gotta test if its sucking in air, check for leaks anywhere. Try unplugging the mas and see if it will atleast drive. You can put it in limp mode doing this and at least get the car a few miles. I had to do it once with an IC pipe i couldnt get to.

This does sound like a MAF or boost leak problem. Do what he said ^^^ and unplug the MAF and see if it drives the same. If so, there's the problem. If not, do a boost leak check and find your leak. Post back with results!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back