The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

car idle 3k then dropped to1k back and forth then died need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97-gst

10+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2010
Radford, Virginia
noticed that my cars idle was going up and down up and down rapidly, thought maybe it was a vacuum leak or something but i looked under the hood and i left the cap off of the water so i thought oh maybe thats what was wrong, well i went to work the next day and my car just died, had it towed, its gettin spark to all cylinders, no vacuum leaks, its getting gas, i checked the ecu and it looks good, it was blowing a fuse but we fixed it, now idk, would maybe a cas or something cause this?

Well thats where you should start for idle surge , what else do you think it could be, gotta start somewhere. IDLE SURGE is just that up and down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back