The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Car has no power

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pascual Franco

Probationary Member
Feb 9, 2020
Smithfield, North_Carolina
So I have a 1994 Eagle talon fwd no turbo at the moment I have been trying to fix it up I just now turned it on. I changed the spark plugs and wires Changed the fuel pressure regulator as well. Turned it on tried to drive it and no power. Takes a while to rev up. Shift and still takes long to keep the rpms going up my foot is all the way down to the pedal. I was wondering what you guys think might be wrong I’m new to this type of car

The exhaust it had was cut right where the manifold was so I bought headers that go straight to the middle of the car no bc I couldn’t connect it to the cat so I just cut it.

ao I will do the compression test tomorrow it snowed where I’m so it’s cold

So I have a 1994 Eagle talon fwd no turbo at the moment I have been trying to fix it up I just now turned it on. I changed the spark plugs and wires Changed the fuel pressure regulator as well. Turned it on tried to drive it and no power. Takes a while to rev up. Shift and still takes long to keep the rpms going up my foot is all the way down to the pedal. I was wondering what you guys think might be wrong I’m new to this type of car

Sounds like the fuel pressure regulator might be bad? If it was working fine before?

It was 27* cold LOL
And I did a compression test it was 180 all four cylinders did a wet test as well it was 200 for all four cylinders
Did a pressure test right at the fuel filter it was 50
And I have changed the fuel pressure regulator and did no change at all car ran fine before I got it then the person who had it left it sitting for 2 years

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back