The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Car floods itself

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05Nissan350z

Proven Member
Oct 23, 2013
Canton, Ohio
Hey everyone not sure if I should post this here but here it goes. A few weeks ago I fixed a coolant leak from my water pump intake pipe. When I went to leave the car revved itself really high and it wouldn't come down. When I shut it off you could smell gas, and it wouldn't start back up. We'll we checked everything and noticed I pulled a tooth of timing. So we replaced the tbelt, tensioner, water pump, and I went ahead and threw my 272 cams in. My mechanic who I work with did the tbelt install because he's done them multiple times and I've never done one. He sent me this text after he buttoned everything up. "Theres somthin else goin on with the dove. Timing belt is all done. Ive had the vc off to make sure all is good...it is. Ive had it running with full ignition advance, it ran good, check engine light was on. Turned it off to ground timing terminal and it floods when going to restart. Ive had the plugs in n out a couple times. I gotta move on for now. I think u should bring ur laptop down on the weekend." Do you guys think it could be the coolant temp sensor?

Larger cams mean less vacuum at idle. This causes more fuel pressure at idle and a richer mixture. Is the car in closed loop?

I'm going to hook up link to it when I get down there tomorrow. But it seemed to flood itself before we did the tbelt and cam install so I wasn't to sure if the cams would really make the difference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back