The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

car dying in neutral

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAI92GSX

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 20, 2002
WISCONSIN
How come when i get into neutral, my car just dies. Not everytime, but when the engine gets hot and then i just put it in neutral when coming to a stop. But when i just let the rpm drop slowly by braking it doesn't die. Anyone know what's the problem?

Play with your idle switch on the VPC and make sure there no caccum leak going to the map sensor.

Lue, its my brother's talon not my 92.

Off topic....how's your car coming? Gonna run her soon, let me know I love to line up with your beast and see how it does against it.

if your venting to the atmosphere on the stock bov, that is probably why

my car has a similar problem as well. i'm curious to see how this'll be fixed because i have no clue.

Check the throttle stop switch located on the back of the TB, it has one wire going to it. Alot of times it will get unplugged, break or be out of adjustment. Pull the rubber boot off and make sure the wire isn't corroded. This switch grounds and lets the ecu know that the throttle plate is closed. Let me know if this helps

Chris

Thanks for all the help and replies. I will look into it tomorrow and let you guys know if the problem is fix.

Thanks for all the help and replies. I will look into it tomorrow and let you guys know if the problem is fix.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back