The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G car drops voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james3340

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2010
dowell, Illinois
Ok so i found out that my alt was bad so i replaced that because the voltage was dropping on my car driving down the road. After i replaced it it started to charge but now when i take off the car will drop voltage and sometimes the car will not gain the voltage back any one have any ideas what this could be?

i had the same problem on my 95, i would double check all the grounds from the alternator and batt, if they all check out take your battery to get tested sometimes a bad alt will screw up your battery. both advance auto and autozone do it for free.

when it happend to me i didnt know to much about the car, but 5 altenators later i figure it out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back