The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G car dies when clutch is pushed in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92gsxecl1pse

10+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I'm having this issue with my car...and its not a everytime thing, but when driving ill push the clutch in to put it in neutral and sometimes the car will die, and sometimes the car will catch around 800rpms and stay running. I was researching around and some people are saying a throwout bearing, others said crankwalk. The mods to the car are
SBR STG-3 head w/ stock cams.
3inch turbo back w/ 16g
Moates/ostrich and jackal as tune.
Garage mod stock bov uncirculated.
Act2100 clutch.
Aem wideband.

It's also a 92 tsi fwd and has a 7bolt in it.

Thank you fit any help.

Garage mod stock bov uncirculated.

I'd start with recirculating your bov brother. unless you have a GM MAF you shouldnt be blowing to the atmosphere...

Your throttle plate is closing, the already metered air is being blown off and youre running rich, probably so rich that your ECU can't compensate and boggs down and stalls. its not so much as your pushing in the clutch, its the fact that your letting off the gas and the throttle plate is closing

I'd start with recirculating your bov brother. unless you have a GM MAF you shouldnt be blowing to the atmosphere...

Your throttle plate is closing, the already metered air is being blown off and youre running rich, probably so rich that your ECU can't compensate and boggs down and stalls. its not so much as your pushing in the clutch, its the fact that your letting off the gas and the throttle plate is closing

+1 on recirculating your bov

:thumb: I also don't know why people jump to crankwalk all the time. It's not as common as people make it out to be. anything to do with uncirculated BOV's is like one of the biggest red flags to me. It almost jumped out of the screen and smacked me in the face.

:thumb: I also don't know why people jump to crankwalk all the time. It's not as common as people make it out to be. anything to do with uncirculated BOV's is like one of the biggest red flags to me. It almost jumped out of the screen and smacked me in the face.

I agree. You should definitely have a MAF prior to uncirculating the BOV.. Check that first and report back.

I have a same problem on 2G GSX with Trim 50 turbo, it never dies when idling, only when driving and RPM is over 3000

I'll go ahead and do that. Next question to follow up with that is, will I need to re-tune my vehicle since its running speed density and more air is coming in....what's a good tube/hose to run for recirculate...I've seen people use the hoses off vacuum cleaners.

.what's a good tube/hose to run for recirculate...I've seen people use the hoses off vacuum cleaners.

I believe it's Factory part # mb906455
try jnztuning.com or mitsubishiparts.com

or go to the junk yard

dsmgraveyard.com has them, but stay away from that company... God knows you'll get a vaccuum line instead of a recirc hose and it will have sand and shit all over it

I have a same problem on 2G GSX with Trim 50 turbo, it never dies when idling, only when driving and RPM is over 3000

Nismo, you can't expect me (or anyone else) to help answer that question with out filling out your profile/mods list so we know what you have done to the car. Start a thread in the newbie forums, fill out your mods list or at least list what youve done to the car so that we can help you.

If all you did was throw a 50 trim turbo in your car I'd expect the same results. :barf:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back