The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Car dies after hard pull

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericismyname

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2002
West Des Moines, Iowa
After i give it a little go, my idle goes crazy and drops down really low and wants to die and then it does die. i can easily start it back up, but its pretty annoying when ur coasting to the stop light and then all the sudden ur car dies. but it only has these idle issues after a run or race.

most likely a boost leak.....start testing...it sucks...LOL

good luck
scott

Try cleaning out your TB. If it's clogged up with gunk then it may not be closing all the way after WOT runs. Computer thinks it closed...it's not. That will cause your car to stall. I think there is a Vfaq on it.

I don't know if this relates to your problem, but I found that when I had my Greddy Type S vented, that my car would die after a hard run. If I have it recirculated its fine but vented it runs so rich that the motor dies. If you have a vented BOV you could try recirculating it.

Originally posted by initialRES
I don't know if this relates to your problem, but I found that when I had my Greddy Type S vented, that my car would die after a hard run. If I have it recirculated its fine but vented it runs so rich that the motor dies. If you have a vented BOV you could try recirculating it.

That is what I was going to say. You shouldn't even consider venting a BOV with out a VPC or GM MAS.

If your car continues to stall then I recommend that you change your capacitors in your ECU, if you haven't already. I say this because my car starting doing the samething...if I was above 3500 rpm and pushed in the clutch my idle would drop to about 500rpm and then my car would die. Eventually my capacitors leaked and my car would not crank. Luckly all I did to fix my ECU was replace the capacitors, but it could have cost my whole ECU.
Now this might not stop the stalling problem, it didn't for me, but at least you would know your ECU is not going to die on you.

Just my 2 cents about your situation

Ease,

friend of mine is having this problem with a stock 1gbov going back into the intake. we really need to figure this out and his caps are new in the ecu. what else could it be.

I also want an answer to this problem. My car idles fine but it dies anytime I coast in neutral to a stoplight or something. It only seems to happen after I've "played" with it a little. Any technical ideas here? Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back