The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Car buyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenSharkFX98

Probationary Member
Nov 29, 2002
Phillyburbs
wassup everybody, i dont own a dsm car but im looking into getting one, thats why i am here. im looking into getting a 1998 talon tsi 5 speed and i need some advice.

i ran into a little modification problem between me, my car, and my parents and i need to dump my car. i own a 1998 Hyundai tiburon fx and i need to get rid of it for a few reasons.

1-its some bad weather here in pa and snows not melting anytime soon and that awd sure would help me. my parents r strict about me goin out when theres a threat of snow and they said if i had awd they would be much more leanant (sp) on me goin out.

2-i have loved eclipses and talons before i even got my tib back in april, in fact i was shoppin for an eclipse when i saw the tib.

3-i want a talon tsi instead of the eclipse gsx bc its the same car for thousands less, its a deal. and if i got a dsm itd have to be the tsi or gsx bc the base models r no faster than my tib, nor do they have awd, and the drivetrain is the main issue

4-turbos rule

so in general, does anyone have any tips or advice for me? the pros and cons of owning a dsm?

any common mainteneance things i should be aware of?

thanks for your help

a couple things to check on would manly be if the car has any signs of crankwalk. The next thing to check would be when the last time the timming belt was changed. I suggest taking the car out for a test drive and just really push the limits of the car. Buying a turbo awd dsm is the best choice you can make. they are cheap and easy to mod, but remember if you plan to mod the hell out of the car, things will begin to break when your making all that power. I say ditch the tib and pick up the talon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back