The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

car bucks under boost at 4500rpm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snailpower

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 19, 2004
Strasburg, Virginia
this sucks just when the car is starting to pull hard it craps out at around 4500 prm but only in 1st and 2nd gear. EGT reads 700 under full boost (15lbs.) in 3rd. I'm running 650's walbro255 high pressure, and about 52 lbs. of fuel pressure. I think its possibly fuel cut, leaning out, or the spark is getting blown out. :dsm: :thumb:

almost forgot, I have an AFR also. My friend is the only person around who is familiar with turbo cars and air/fuel settings so he has been trying to help me out but turbo civics are alot different, plus he is more familiar with the SAFC. This is all new to me and I don't want to f### up my car. :confused:

Originally posted by snailpower
EGT reads 700 under full boost (15lbs.)

Under full boost I tune my car at 1500~1550 and for normal cruiseing around 1200. Seems to me you are running to rich and hitting fuel cut. And why so much fuel pressure? Stock is 41 I believe so you jumped up 11psi? Do you have a logger to see what your O2 voltage is at WOT?

Jeremy

I'm not too sure about tuning, I am just getting started in dsm's. The fuel pressure has always been like that. Is your EGT in farenhiet or celceius? Mine is in celceius. The only thing I have to go by is my buddies turbo civic (as far as tuning). I just bought a a/f guage for piece of mind, but everyone says it's a waste of money. I would like to get a datalogger in the future.:dsm: :thumb:

700 celcuis is around 1292 ferenhiet. So if you are running that at WOT you are really rich, start pulling fuel and you will notice more power. tune your WOT to around 815 celcuis that is around 1525 farenhiet.

here is the formulas you need to figure this out
from farenhiet to celcuis
C= 5/9 X farenhiet - 32

from celcuis to farenhiet
F= 9/5 x celcuis + 32

I would tune between 745 and 815 celcuis which would be 1400 to 1525 farenhiet. The air/fuel is alright but is defanitly not accurate. I had the logger for my car and it was definatly worth. I have since moved on to dsmlink but the logger was a huge help.
I would also back that fuel pressure off to around 41-44 untill you have problems with fuel cut, but unless you are running a huge turbo you should be fine with stock fuel pressure. I have a 60-1 turbo and I am just now having problems with my stock fuel pressure reg. so I would stay around stock and tune to the above numbers. Let me know if you need any more help or if you dont understand something.
Jeremy

Sorry somehow I was logged into my friends account but I found those formulas and thought it would help but if you have any questions let me know.
Jeremy

And if you are using platinum plugs, get them out of there for some copper NGKs

Well I saw the craziest thing this morning. The easter bunny hopped by my house and sabotaged my car. :p I've been through 3 batteries in two weeks.:mad: possibly alternator? Plugs are pretty new NGK brand. Wires are Magnecore 8.5 with no signs of ark. EGT reads 800+ at approx 5k rpm(and still climbing). Turbo doesn't spool until around 4k so I look like a complete tard riding through town when I try to get on it.(misses real bad and blows off while i'm still accelerating)If anyone lives close to Front Royal and feels like helping me out it would would be greatly appreciated. I have a garage and tools so maybe we could swap shop time if you need anything done to your car. (moneys kinda tight around here) but you would be more than welcome to use the shop in exchange for some help.:dsm: :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back