The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Car bucking/stumbling/misfiring/flooding out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fast95GSX

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 25, 2011
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I drove my car today and it ran great until it got warmed up 10 minutes later. I went to take off normal from a light and it was stumbling and cutting out big time and seemed to be flooding out. I shut it down and restarted a couple times just to get it home and would barely run.

Also on a side note, when at idle towards the end of the log, the tach showed 0 rpms but the log was showing 650 rpms or so. I've read it could be the power transistor...

Attachments

• bad clip.elg
    76.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I pulled the spark plugs and they look fine. I also am getting spark on all cylinders.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I spend money and through a new power transistor on?

i had problems with my talon like that before it ended up being boost leak but if you have mass air if that goes bad or has a bad connection it could cause that as well

I had this issue and it was due to the mass airflow sensor harness connector came loose. Have you done any work in the bay recently to need to double check connections? The weather seal inside the plug can get distorted and make it not "click" back on easy enough.

Does it idle ok? I launched my car off a stop light once and I hit second and it died, it would idle fine but as soon as i would hit the gas it would cut out, my tps was unplugged becuase I broke the clip that holds the plug on

It was idling low and the tach was Reading zero Rpm. The weird thing is it was startng to get better again the last block home. I'm working long hours now so I have to wait for my day off to do some checking. :)

i had some bad gas from a bad gas station in the bad part of town. it was all just bad. i had the same problem and i added a fuel injector cleaner from auto zone and after a few laps around the block she was running pretty well again.

I did a boost leak today and found no issues. Jogging my memory back a couple weeks i did put a new positive battery terminal on. The old one had a bad connection so i changed it. I was getting 13.7v at idle in ecmlink and now with the new terminal i am getting 14.1v. I think with having a weak connection at the battery andvnow a better one has thrown my tune off. I think my fuel pump is getting more voltage causing me to run richer.

Any thoughts?

Both cam and crank sensors can cause the car to act like that.
The Crank usually bucks and kills the car once its warm. The cam just makes it run bad all the time. Look into those.

No CEL?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back