The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car broken into

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FalleN4ng31

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 12, 2007
Clearwater, Florida
My car was broken into at about 0230 this morning. It had to have been someone that owns a 2G Eclipse, as some of what was taken would be useless to someone without one. But what gets me here is that higher dollar items weren't touched. They didn't try to get the stereo out, or take my turbo, intercooler, or any of the easy-access stuff under the hood.

What was taken:
Front bumper cover
Rear wing (Turbo model)
Gauge cluster bezel
Boost gauge
Innovate LC1 gauge (They left the sensor and controller, so I'm not sure why they even wanted this.)
OBDII Bluetooth adapter
Garage door opener

The body parts are maroon, and both the bumper cover and wing had some sun fade. If you see anyone local trying to move this stuff, please let me know.

I hate people who steel things! Did you notify the police about this? It is also a good thing that you wiped your garage door codes. Good luck busting their ass!

I hate people who steel things! Did you notify the police about this?

You and me both. Realistically, how much could a bumper and a wing have been at a junkyard? $50-$100? They were pretty badly sunfaded too, so I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on a paint job already. I can only surmise that it was some broke kid(s) who did it.

That was the first thing I had the wife do; She called it in while I cleared the house and property. Nothing quite like having to clear your property with an AR15 at 2AM.

Were was you car parked ?
Also keep an eye on Craigslist, it might pop up.

Just off of 19 & Curlew. I've already got eyes on Craiglist, TampaRacing, etc... But good call.

I'm assuming whoever took them isn't going to sell them though. I doubt they'd leave the stereo, BOV, IC, etc... and only take the bumper / wing if they wanted to sell the parts.

I've already wiped the codes, though I was tempted to just camp out in the garage, armed to the teeth and wait for them to come back.

I was seriously going to recommend this if you had enough time. But after you said you had a wife, it is better to just wipe the codes and make sure the family is safe. I would open the garage door manually for a while and then lock it on the inside if you wanted to feel safer.

If you have any hunting/ game cameras, you could probably post those up in a couple places and see if they come and try to snoop around some more and catch them on camera. It's a cheaper security system. That's the only thing I can think of to help you catch them.

that and sub-sonic or Socom rounds, for maximum efficiency:thumb:
Chances are they are local to your vicinity, can you think of any 2g's in the area that were in need of those parts?
chances are they have been tracking you, prior to engaging.
have you meet up with any kids w/ dsm's lately ?

More times then non you have already seen or meet the perpetrators, it's just remembering that's the hard part.

Also, they may not be selling your parts, but they may be selling their old parts. Example. they are selling lets say a 2GA bumper and low spoiler.

There are a couple of 2G's in my neighborhood, but I know the owners well enough to know it wasn't them. They are family guys with decent cars, and make enough they that wouldn't need beat up plastics off another car.

As for me, I don't go to meets, or talk about, or advertise my car. I get up, go to work, come home, rinse, repeat.

It's pretty obvious it had to be some broke kid, who'd been casing my car. Anyone with half a brain, or a job that didn't involve a fry basket could have picked these up at a junkyard for a little bit of nothing. But the monetary aspect isn't an issue to me, it's the insult that I can't abide.

It's just stupid that people have to stoop that low to get car parts now a days. It's just plain stupid. Sorry this happened to your car, I would kill someone if they even touched my car.

There is only a handful if 2g eclipse's in my area, but there is only maybe four turbo charged ones. Two being my old one and my new one, and the other being my best friends. But this still makes me want to lock my doors from now on.

I've already bought a new bumper cover, hardware, gauges, etc... Just waiting on all of it to get here.

The one thing I didn't buy was a new wing. I'd been kicking around the idea of going wingless, looks like the decision has been made for me. I'm just glad I didn't pull the trigger on a paint job already.

Update - 04/03 - Spoke with the PSCO today. They found the kids who did it. Apparently they hit a house a few blocks over from me. The other guy they hit noticed some of his parts on Craigslist, and told PSCO, who set up a sting last night. They got signed confessions from both of the perps. They've told me they recovered the wing and cluster bezel, the other stuff had already been sold or moved. Fortunately, since I've already bought all that stuff again, we'll go after them for restitution. So it's been a pain in the ass, but justice is being served.

Don't steal, kids.

Just off of 19 & Curlew. I've already got eyes on Craiglist, TampaRacing, etc... But good call.

I'm assuming whoever took them isn't going to sell them though. I doubt they'd leave the stereo, BOV, IC, etc... and only take the bumper / wing if they wanted to sell the parts.

thats crazy I live 3 mins from there..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back