The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

car broke down and is leaking green oily mess

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coupe_nasty

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Easton, Maryland
So I was driving down highway. All the sudden car shudders and slows way down and won't drive. Started it back up, motor is fine. But when I put into gear, dosent wanna move. Leaking green oily liquid underneath on passenger side. Jacked it up and in neutral I can turn passenger wheel with my hands but its hard to turn. Please anyone know what the issue is?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Check your CV axle boots.

How is your coolant level?

the bulk of the fluid is directly in line with the inner axel boot, below and to the sides. looks like it exploded.. these are not to hard to fix.. just pull the axel out, peel off the damaged boot, separate the two sections of the axel, wipe them clean, repack with tons of fresh axel grease, and install a new boot kit.. snap axel back in and off you go

ok so i reached under there, and the inner boot of the axle is completely ripped in half. So, my other question is, i checked the other side of the car and the boot is intact but there is grease on the engine side of the boot, all around the axle rod. is that normal?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back