The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

car breaks up under boost only

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNR_MOTORS

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2009
novi, Michigan
i can drive it normal and sounds perfect but once it begins to boost it breaks up between 3500 and 4000 rpm almost sounds like fuel cut i checked all silicone on the intercooler pipes i replaced the plugs which werent bad at all only thing is i put 10 dollars of shytty gas even though it was super but it wasnt what i always use i always use sunoco i put
that other gas just to get home nad then i filled it up with sunoco and now its doing this also ive beeen trying to get a fuel filter and as crazy as it sounds noone is stocking it i found one at advance but it wont be in till tuesday can it really be the fuel filter

i can drive it normal and sounds perfect but once it begins to boost it breaks up between 3500 and 4000 rpm almost sounds like fuel cut i checked all silicone on the intercooler pipes i replaced the plugs which werent bad at all only thing is i put 10 dollars of shytty gas even though it was super but it wasnt what i always use i always use sunoco i put
that other gas just to get home nad then i filled it up with sunoco and now its doing this also ive beeen trying to get a fuel filter and as crazy as it sounds noone is stocking it i found one at advance but it wont be in till tuesday can it really be the fuel filter

well i dont know your setup so im just gonna take a crack at it.
Either your ...
Fuel pump is weak or not upgraded...
Injectors maxed out...
Air filter WAY too big ...
Boost leak...
Filters go through ALOT before they clog...
Your boost is up too high...
Your air fuel is not tuned right....
Buy NGK spark plugs LOL...
Your turbo is going bye bye....
hole in the intercooler....
BOV is leaking..
Stock FPR is usually ok but recommended to be upgraded.

Your profile says you have a big 16g, 255 and 560's, but no mention of a fuel pressure regulator? That 255 will overrun the stocker for sure.

Also says "soon afc neo." Does that mean you have not done any tuning for the new turbo and injectors? If not, definitely a problem.

Check for boost leaks, ASAP! This should almost ALWAYS be your first diagnostic tool.

Your profile says you have a big 16g, 255 and 560's, but no mention of a fuel pressure regulator? That 255 will overrun the stocker for sure.

Also says "soon afc neo." Does that mean you have not done any tuning for the new turbo and injectors? If not, definitely a problem.

Check for boost leaks, ASAP! This should almost ALWAYS be your first diagnostic tool.

+1 :thumb:

and also you will need a wideband.....

Listen to these men, they speak the truth :thumb:

If you are in Piscataway, give me a buzz sometime if you need help. If I'm free (or you drive to me), I can offer my advice once I see your car.

so thanxs guys srry it has taken me a long time to update but i did fuel filter put my ngk back on i checked the whole intercooler piping come to find out its the wastegate on the turbo somehow its not functioning properly it was stuck i kept trying to move it while the car was off afetr hard pulling on it cause i was told maybe the spring is broken but its not so looks to be getting stuck on the turbo side the wastegate itself moves fine i was told maybe carbon build up can anyone relate also i has the s afc apexi and the car is tuned also i dont have have a regulator but i do have the 255:hmm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back