The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Car accident

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathode26

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2005
Houston, Texas
I hit a small deer and insurance is going to pay for a condenser and bumper.

I am not a mechanic, is there anything else you guys see that needs to be replaced?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC00883.JPG
    DSC00883.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC00884.JPG
    DSC00884.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC00885.JPG
    DSC00885.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC00886.JPG
    DSC00886.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 90
Rip out the a/c system and condensor(better airflow to motor) tuck the power steering lines behind the metal bar, and buy a fmic.:thumb: Unless it's hella hot where you live and your one of the few dsmers who use there a/c then nvm.

I am in Texas so I need the air conditioning. I don't know anything about car parts... can someone tell me where the oil pan is. Can you see it in any of those pics?

I had someone say I need a new oil pan and undertray, but I don't know where they are..

Whomever told you that is a friggin retard! See that part just the the right of your exhaust pipe in the 4th pic? That is your oil pan.. The lower most part of your engine, holds/stores all of your oil.. From what I can see, it looks like just the a/c condenser and lines are damaged.. Ya know other than the bumper.. Thats all I can spot from the pics.

Sorry but I honestly don't know jack or shit about cars. The bad news is that jack left town.

A problem a mechanic was concerned about is that the oil pressure sensor reads as zero while the car idles.

He looked at the oil pan and said there is a dent in it...

Last edited:
If you're oil pressure goes up when you give your car more throttle, I wouldn't worry about the oil pressure. A small dent won't effect the oil pan in any way other than cosmetically.

It's pretty average to see low oil pressure at idle on the stock gauge there more or less just estimating. I would start by fixing things up first check any damage on the oil filter housing and sender. The oil pan is far back from there unless you see any oil leakage you should be alright. About half way while crusing 60 on the free way is what I get in one of my cars. Just check the dipstick after it's warmed up and make sure its full.

It only goes up to half when it is given throttle. But as clipto said, that is what he gets. So I assume half way is normal.

It only goes up to half when it is given throttle. But as clipto said, that is what he gets. So I assume half way is normal.

Sounds pretty normal.

You can check it. If the oil pan is leaking, then look under the car. If you see oil dripping, then you might need a new oil pan. But that mechanic sounds like he's trying to rip you off, or he doesn't know any more than you about DSMs.

Have the dealer do an inspection. Usually, they'll do it for free, and they can tell you what's wrong with it.

The oil pressure gauge in 1g's should barley be above the first lin on the gauge during idle. It can be as low as 15psi and will go up to 3/4 on some modded cars that see 120psi on the oil at full throttle and 7000+ rpm's. but for stock-ish cars it rarely goes above 90psi or halfway. Your pan is fine. You can remove those bent power steering lines and loop the rubber hose off the resevior. and all i see that is really damaged is the a/c condenser and lines + the bumber. Just pay attention and whatch for leaks. if you don't see any your good :thumb:

Are you going to attempt to fix the car or a good shop that you trust doing it? As stated above oil pan looks fine. I'm in Texas and do not have A/C in my 1g, though it's only driven on the weekends for car shows and late night activities.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back