The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Cant shift into reverse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joobienooner

Probationary Member
May 26, 2006
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Alright so after a friend and I finished putting a new clutch, flywheel, clutch fork, pivot ball in I couldnt shift into any gear, the clutch wasnt disengaging all the way. So I got one of the slave extension rod and now its shifts perfect into every gear except reverse. If I hold the clutch in my friend can shift it into reverse manually under the hood, so I dont think there is a problem with the tranny. Any idea?

Thanks,
Ryan

Nope not yet, I was just reading on Vfaq how to do it. Is that comething that is pretty common, shifter cable out of adjustment and you cant shift into reverse. Also if I got those shifter bushings could that fix the problem?

Alright sweet, i just adjusted the shifter cable and now i've got reverse. thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back