The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Cant remove oil pan(rtv sealant too strong)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1G Eclipse94928

Proven Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rohnert Park, California
I have all the bolts out, and it wont even budge, I tried getting a razor blade up in there and some other little sharp blades but it just wont even move. I'm not reusing it so is there something i can put on it to get it loose?

Also tried putting a big screwdriver in the oil return line hole and pry it off, with no luck. :hmm:

A good thin putty knife and a hammer. Hammer the blade in and go around the pan with it. Or if you aren't worried about damaging the pan than just hammer a decent sized flat head in one corner and pry it off.

Get a stiff paint scraper in there and tap it with a hammer.

A good thin putty knife and a hammer. Hammer the blade in and go around the pan with it. Or if you aren't worried about damaging the pan than just hammer a decent sized flat head in one corner and pry it off.

Thanks, I almost though i was going to kill myself when it finally went, but it did without breaking anything. :D thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back