The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

can't find any info (HX35+4G63)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cory51191

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 10, 2008
Leominster, Massachusetts
i can't find any info on what i'm going to need to change or do to throw a HX35 into a 4G63 (after stage 1 mods are complete and + DSMlink)..

what needs to be changed or done to do this? the only thing i can find is sloppy pictured and people talking about denting cooling piping? someone else said that you don't need that piping. whats the best options to go with for a HX35 for performance but also fitment issues, and what else needs to be changed

maybe your right, or maybe i'm not the typical 18 year old that your referring to but i think i'd be able to handle a 500whp vehicle. i've always been fascinated with turbocharged cars. i've always loved them, and gotten the chills when i see them and hear them spooling up. i just have 0 experience with them :toobad:.
Then it's clear that you have absolutely NO idea what a 500whp car feels like. Keep in mind that is roughly three times the stock horsepower at the wheels.

A car with that much power is difficult to drive, dangerous to the driver and passenger(s), hard to tune, and expensive to maintain. Personally I think you should set the bar a little lower- find yourself a nice 16G, upgrade to 550-650cc injectors, set the boost around 20psi, and get a good tune going on. You'll be at right around 250-260 at the wheels which is 80-100 more horses than stock. That's enough power to smoke pretty much anything you'll encounter if driven correctly.

I wasn't born with any knowledge of anything. It's all been learned and taught
When I first started with dsms 7years ago, I didn't know anything about turbos and was lucky to not blow my engine a million times. Actually more or less thanks to the 4g63 being so forgivable:pray:

But like i said, i never posted a thread in here for 2years. I just searched if i had a problem and how to fix it. When it came time for a bigger turbo or something,I searched my ass off to come up with the most info i can and make what i feel is a good decision

I never said you're an idiot or I'm in any way shape or form any type of dsm god, LOL. Where did you come up with the last one, jeez?

When you post a new thread, it asks you to search before posting.
It also says this in the membership agreements.

Its not about that. No one is saying they are better than you. They are simply asking/telling you to follow the forum rules by searching and not posting a new thread where the info has clearly been covered numerous times.

i'm just excited about it. i've always wanted a 2G GSX sense the first time i saw one (when i didn't even know what kind of car it was [i was like 12]) and now that i'm about to be getting one soon i'm def moving way too fast 4 my own good =\

You're getting no where because you're not understanding some basics. We all have already been through the basics of how a turbo platform works. We're all now talking about our specific setups and how various parts affect it and where to go next.

So if you're SURE you're getting a 2g. . . Get EvoScan logger and a MBC + boost gauge. And start upping the boost. . . . Later on in the year :), you will want more turbo. Look for the 14b and all the parts to install a used one (new is used after it's installed, you're not going to need something new that you're going to get rid of anyway). . . Then look at maxing out the 14b: larger turbine housing, larger intercooler larger injectors, larger fuel pump, a means to tune the larger injectors.

. . . I guarante,e after you push a 14b to the limit, you'll be ready for a mild hx35 build. The 14b is a potent little turbo. . . You will have the tuning basics down, how to read a logger and how to use the information to make decisions about what to do next.

Then it's clear that you have absolutely NO idea what a 500whp car feels like. Keep in mind that is roughly three times the stock horsepower at the wheels.

A car with that much power is difficult to drive, dangerous, hard to tune, and expensive to maintain. Personally I think you should set the bar a little lower- find yourself a nice 16G, upgrade to 550-650cc injectors, set the boost around 20psi, and get a good tune going on. You'll be at right around 250-260 at the wheels which is 80-100 more horses than stock. That's enough power to smoke pretty much anything you'll encounter if driven correctly.

maybe i should start out small. i know i say 500whp all the time but i was hoping that i could have the advantage of being able to tune it to that power when i was capable of driving it, u can do that with DSMlink right? (lower the power a lot)

and now that i'm about to be getting one soon i'm def moving way too fast 4 my own good =\

That's a great thing to realize. Now you are on the right track. ;)

Don't worry about race heads and Holsets. Follow those upgrade paths like we talked about this AM... get to 350hp (and have a blast doing it), and see where you are in a couple of years.

i'm just excited about it. i've always wanted a 2G GSX sense the first time i saw one (when i didn't even know what kind of car it was [i was like 12]) and now that i'm about to be getting one soon i'm def moving way too fast 4 my own good =\

Well I do like the enthusiasm.
Like justin said. I'd read about tuning and tuning options, etc.
Look into getting a nice used b16g and the proper supporting mods, which has the ability to carry you to the high 11s in a very realistic and affordable world.

Amen to dsm-onster!

I started off at 18 yrs of age with an already prebuilt DSM pushing near 500 whp that I couldn't handle. With DSMs there is a lot more to the joys of having a monster. It takes a lot of knowledge and virtue you treat on a DSM pushing that much power and not to mention but mine was a built DSM pretty far for stock and I will had trouble maintaining it.

Best to get other mods first before you step in to the Holset turbo. It will take you a lot more than expected to built all the way up to that point.

Don't worry about race heads and Holsets. Follow those upgrade paths like we talked about this AM... get to 350hp (and have a blast doing it), and see where you are in a couple of years.
Perfect setup for a fun daily driver:

- 2G MAS
- eBay Injen knockoff intake
- Rebuilt Big 16G (from me, of course)
- Port your 2G exhaust manifold or buy an Evo III manifold
- Port your o2 housing or buy an eBay tubular stainless o2.
- 3" turbo-back exhaust....cheap as possible. There are full setups on eBay for around $250
- Your car is a '95, so you already have an EPROM ECU. Buy DSMLink / ECMLink and never look back.
- If you have DSMLink / ECMLink, buy some 1000cc injectors so you never run out of fuel.
- Delta 272/272 regrind cams.
- 255lph pump
- ACT2600 street disc clutch.
- 1G throttle body, open up the lip in your 2G intake manifold.
- Punishment 2G FMIC kit
- Eventually, pull your head and have it rebuilt with new exhaust valves and all new valve seals at the very least, and install a good head gasket with ARP studs. This will assure that all of the gases stay in the combustion chamber, and allow you to make the most of your tune as well as run more boost.

I'm sure there's a lot I'm forgetting, but you get the idea.

My personal turbo count was over (40) the last time I checked. Want one? :p

As a matter of fact, I do. I still want a nice HX35 setup. Wanna trade some nice catch cans toward one? :D

I'll be pm'ing you again soon (hopefully) about where I want to get to. Gotta get the suspension put back together this next week first though. As usual... too many projects and not enough time and fundage. :)

I'm sure there's a lot I'm forgetting

Ya, the 1g throttle body rebuilt by Eric and I :p

Thread cleaned up a bit. There was a lot of crap, complaining, and "search" answers. You guys should know they aren't allowed. And try to keep the whining out of the tech forums.

Everyone should also please try and post with proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc. I see a lot of crap in this thread.

As a matter of fact, I do. I still want a nice HX35 setup.
I have HX35's, but keep in mind I don't spec any of them with Bullseye housings. Most of my HX35's are sold without turbine housings to allow the buyer to purchase their own housing based on their manifold and wastegate preference.

There are far too many available housings for these turbos for me to stock every one. Then we start talking about buying direct from Bullseye or from all of the different BEP vendors at different pricing and it just gets far too confusing.

I do permit the buyer to have the housing drop-shipped to my shop if they prefer that I install it and send them a completed turbo.

I have HX35's, but keep in mind I don't spec any of them with Bullseye housings. Most of my HX35's are sold without turbine housings to allow the buyer to purchase their own housing based on their manifold and wastegate preference.

There are far too many available housings for these turbos for me to stock every one. Then we start talking about buying direct from Bullseye or from all of the different BEP vendors at different pricing and it just gets far too confusing.

I do permit the buyer to have the housing drop-shipped to my shop if they prefer that I install it and send them a completed turbo.

How much do you sell 16G's for?

Do you have a website for parts that you sell?
Just curious about prices.

Sorry about all the B/S, guys. Had a bad day and acted like a 12 year old :coy:.

Last edited:
How much do you sell 16G's for?
Not even Supporting Vendors are allowed to discuss pricing in the tech forums. PM me if you're interested.

Do you have a website for parts that you sell?
I don't sell parts- just a turbo or two. Or forty.

Just curious about prices.
No problem. PM me anytime and we'll talk.

Sorry about all the B/S, guys. Had a bad day and acted like a 12 year old :coy:.
It happens, we all have bad days. I'm not doing SHIT tonight aside from shoveling and snow-blowing since we're about to get 16 inches of snow, so humor me.

Yet, he's humble enough to admit it and continue to ask questions. He'll be fine. He just needs more time. Over-enthusiasm makes things like legends, 8second cars, countries, and at least a better dsmer :p. It's the rather un-motivated ones that just want to slap on a few boltons and call it good, then give up when things don't work out how they had forecast.

Cory commit to your 500whp goal RIGHT NOW. But plan out a mild build to give you the experience, the understanding of the ropes. Commit so that you won't give up when the chips are down jsut pushing the stock turbo and coming upon some unforseen obstacle in a 15 year old car. A little guts and alot of heardheaded but guided ambition will pay off better than 10s of thousands of dollars paid to a shop.

Yet, he's humble enough to admit it and continue to ask questions. He'll be fine. He just needs more time. Over-enthusiasm makes things like legends, 8second cars, countries, and at least a better dsmer :p. It's the rather un-motivated ones that just want to slap on a few boltons and call it good, then give up when things don't work out how they had forecast.

Cory commit to your 500whp goal RIGHT NOW. But plan out a mild build to give you the experience, the understanding of the ropes. Commit so that you won't give up when the chips are down jsut pushing the stock turbo and coming upon some unforseen obstacle in a 15 year old car. A little guts and alot of heardheaded but guided ambition will pay off better than 10s of thousands of dollars paid to a shop.

I'm not planning on wasting my money on a shop so they can install parts for me when I'll know how to do it myself, unless i truly think I'm going to wreck my car doing something. After college for business and after going to a high performance engines school, I plan to open my own shop one day :)

if its not supposed to be said then don't say it. i try not to search on these forums because i'll read some info and bring it up in a different thread and be accused of being wrong. this website has a lot of inaccurate info. more than it does accurate info. i search Google... go search google and tell me if u still think "i didn't search"

i'm glad u made an effort to add some input but THATS NOT WHAT I ASKED

wondering why your not a wiseman with those 2,200+ posts? there is 2 spam posts alone on this new thread. i wonder how many posts didn't help people.

i'm glad u guys are trying to help (at least most of u).

its not that i DON'T use the search button. its that i suck with it. i guess i just try to be too specific with it and get bad results :hmm:

EDIT: f*ck this bullsh*t. its so frustrating, i can't read a GD sentance without getting distracted or not understanding exactly what it said with all this CPR (i try to look some of this stuff up, such as CPR and i get a different meaning for it, and yes i know what CPR is, just not in a car) and MAF and VRENV and cenwcCVWERv and rewunvre i can't understand this bullshit i'm just gonna have to say f*ck it, i'll wait til i'm in a high performance engine school to learn all this. i guess i'm just a "hands-on" guy

Don't trash talk people that your asking for help from. Do you really think they are going to want to help you in the future? And the only reason im commenting, is because I saw the title of this thread and wanted to know if your were joking or just new.

Don't trash talk people that your asking for help from. Do you really think they are going to want to help you in the future? And the only reason im commenting, is because I saw the title of this thread and wanted to know if your were joking or just new.

Read the entire thread. He's apologized, and we've moved beyond all that.

Cory, glad to see that it's all settled down for you now. It will take time to get to the 500hp mark and it will take a lot of planning as well. Like most of the people in here, take it step-by-step and don't rush things. Figure a way to soak things up or start to write things down of the information you'll need regarding parts and tunes so you can hit that goal you have. For instance with the Holset turbos, through out the reading on it, you'll encounter that it needs at least a -12AN oil return line. Things like that, just write them down and set it aside for the future for when you get to that point.

When you get the car and start to enjoy it and fix any problems and begin to start upgrading plan it out. Some parts should be purchanced before others to max out their gains. Say for injectors, if you plan on getting ECMLink, purchace that first and get the biggest injectors for the planned boost/HP limit you will have. Even if you have a smaller turbo now, getting 1600cc injectors will help you out IN THE FUTURE for when you get the Holset and won't have to spend money twice.

Get multiple opionions on some things IF it requires it but deffintaly research an item before you purchace or mod. For the searching, it's set by default to search through posts, if you change it to title search in the drop down box, you'll have much better results.

Just a heads up man, dsm's have been around for a long time and so has dsmtuners. You're probably not gonna bring any new question to the table that hasn't been answered before. "Search" Look at my post count vs. my join date, that ought to tell you something, especially since I visit dsmtuners about once a day :rocks:

Perfect setup for a fun daily driver:

- 2G MAS
- eBay Injen knockoff intake
- Rebuilt Big 16G (from me, of course)
- Port your 2G exhaust manifold or buy an Evo III manifold
- Port your o2 housing or buy an eBay tubular stainless o2.
- 3" turbo-back exhaust....cheap as possible. There are full setups on eBay for around $250
- Your car is a '95, so you already have an EPROM ECU. Buy DSMLink / ECMLink and never look back.
- If you have DSMLink / ECMLink, buy some 1000cc injectors so you never run out of fuel.
- Delta 272/272 regrind cams.
- 255lph pump
- ACT2600 street disc clutch.
- 1G throttle body, open up the lip in your 2G intake manifold.
- Punishment 2G FMIC kit
- Eventually, pull your head and have it rebuilt with new exhaust valves and all new valve seals at the very least, and install a good head gasket with ARP studs. This will assure that all of the gases stay in the combustion chamber, and allow you to make the most of your tune as well as run more boost.

I'm sure there's a lot I'm forgetting, but you get the idea.

It's almost like you went and copied my current setup. ROFL
(I'm running one of his rebuilt turbos BTW.)

But seriously, it's a fun setup. It's enough to impress just about anyone. I'm at the point where I want suspension and tire upgrades so I have more control.

You'll have fun if you follow what he listed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back