The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

can't clear check engine light

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I can communicate to it because I can log in evoscan.
that connects just fine. but just to make sure, where is that fuse located at? under the hood or by the clutch pedal?

I have a 1g, So I am not sure, It may be the ciggarette lighter fuse, Which is common on many obdII cars, Or it may be a different fuse, I dont know the location on your car. Can you pull the codes? Or is it not letting you do that either?

Use the test light like the guy above says and read your manual about what fuse is may be. If you can pull codes off of your tuner, you may try to take it to Autozone to see if they can pull the codes. Just a option, good luck

Use the test light like the guy above says and read your manual about what fuse is may be. If you can pull codes off of your tuner, you may try to take it to Autozone to see if they can pull the codes. Just a option, good luck

If he can't pull his own codes, they won't be able to pull the codes at autozone or advance auto parts.

It's just a blown fuse, usually the cigarette lighter.

Trust me.

Agreed test light and check the fuse for the cigarette lighter. They are correct that if you cant pull nor can Advance. Advance would tell you the same thing I will tell you now, mostly cause if you came into my store I would tell you it myself (I work for Advance Auto Parts). Do you have a service manuel (FSM, Haynes, Chiltons)? In a Haynes you would check the chapter on engine and emission controls and see what it says. It will tell you if you cannot communicate that you need to check -blank- fuse. It varies which fuse car to car but most OBD II cars are the cigarette lighter.

Edit: Most of the time the lighter fuse is in the passenger compartment (i.e. next to your clutch pedal)

Last edited:
Agreed test light and check the fuse for the cigarette lighter. They are correct that if you cant pull nor can Advance. Advance would tell you the same thing I will tell you now, mostly cause if you came into my store I would tell you it myself (I work for Advance Auto Parts). Do you have a service manuel (FSM, Haynes, Chiltons)? In a Haynes you would check the chapter on engine and emission controls and see what it says. It will tell you if you cannot communicate that you need to check -blank- fuse. It varies which fuse car to car but most OBD II cars are the cigarette lighter.

Edit: Most of the time the lighter fuse is in the passenger compartment (i.e. next to your clutch pedal)

i feel all your pain there. worked their for 4 years, left as retail parts pro, and never looked back.

be nice if they would pay their people for their knowledge and experience.

I finally figured it out, after trying and trying I decided to go back into a virtual XP mode on my windows 7 machine and wouldn't you know. I can read the code, after all this time I forgot that I unplugged #2 02 sensor since I have a wideband in. I feel like such a idiot.
Now my question is does it matter where the rear 02 sensor is when its plugged in. Can I plug it in and then leave it under my seat inside the car?

not an expert but if your asking if it will not set your check engine light because its plugged in the answer is no i think it will still set off the check engine light....... im pretty sure ## ecu is set to certain perameters and if your o2 censor doesnt read in those perameters boom check engine light.

you don't have a tuning device do you? like dsmlink, or a safc?

if you do, update your profile, if you don't, you really need to put the sensor back in.

your ecu will think that you are running lean, and will try to compensate that by adding more fuel.

if you would save up and purchase dsmlink, you can turn these off

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back