The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karrade

Probationary Member
Apr 18, 2021
Clyde, North_Carolina
So I recently purchased a '97 Eclipse GSX with several mods like 16G turbo, tuned while a previous owner had it, Mishimoto IC, etc.

The boost controller got messed up about a month ago. I think the shop that was fixing the TOB, fork, master cylinder, etc. accidentally changed some settings in trying to figure out why it wouldn't start after getting the transmission back in.

It was tuned to 301HP on the high boost setting via an HKS EVC 4 controller, 18PSI. And 287HP roughly on the low setting, 15PSI. The controller is set on 1.25 kg/cm2 which is 18PSI, or technically 17.7, for both low and high. I can change both low and high modes to go higher than 1.25 via the little dial but it will not go lower than 1.25 anymore even though the low boost should be set to 1.00 kg/cm2.

Any ideas why it won't go down? I don't think it's in inhibit mode given that I can change it to higher than 1.25 and I can also change the scramble settings.

I haven't thought of that, I'll take a look. If it's unplugged from the stepper motor would that allow me to change the dial and turn the boost up but not down for some odd reason?

When you turn the boost up on the head unit, does The amount of boost the car makes increase? Or does it only go up on the head unit and the car still makes the same amount of boost?

If the boost level on the car increases does not decrease, there may be some sort of lock feature enabled on the head unit. Why not download the user manual and read it?

I need to increase it to 1.30 and check that, I believe it does increase but I want to be careful of just turning the boost up to check and causing an issue.

I have the manual both in paper form and on my phone, that's how I knew about inhibit mode but that mode makes it so "none of the preset values can be changed" but I can change the scramble settings and also change the value up but not down so I'm not sure if that makes sense.

Today I need to try and turn it off and see if that makes a difference, I know that to turn it off you have to hold Sbc and change the switch in the back but head unit has been inserted and glued into the dash by a previous owner and not removed during being worked on so I don't think it got accidently turned on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back