The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Can't Boost Past 15psi????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazywhitboy

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2004
NorCal, California
First off, here are my mods.

Evo3b16g
550's
190lph
Safc
o2 dump
K&n filter
hard intake pipe
1g bov
bleeder valve type MBC
DataLogger (pocketlogger)

My car has been down for 2 months due to a blown turbo. I finally got it up and running with evo3b16g and supporting mods for it. My MBC is a homemade type (bleeder valve) that opens to add boost, closes to subtract. For some reason, i cannot boost past 15psi?? With the mbc closed, i hit 9psi. then i open it all the way, it only hits 15psi. I checked for boost leaks, and had one at the jpipe. Fixed the leak, still having the same problem. I know the WG on the turbo itself is good....I'm out of ideas....

I also believe that my front o2 sensor is shot. The short trim and long trims on my logger do not change at ALL when i adjust the SAFC, nor do the o2 volts fluctuate. The volts stay at .02, and do NOT change. My short term and long terms (on safc) stay stuck at 12% (short) and 17% (long). I don't know if this could possibly be related in any way to my boost problem?

Any help/ideas/tips would be much appreciated....

Yes, you need a new o2. Or the wires are cut/frayed/####ed.

krazywhitboy said:
ok....any ideas on the boost problem?

You're probably surpassing the maximum amount of air the valve is able to bleed off, get a ball and spring type mbc and you should be fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back