The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Canadian Winter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widgmaster

Supporting VIP
Aug 24, 2018
Sarnia, ON_Canada
Well didn't mother nature sneak up on us early this year. I managed to keep my car out of this snow and into storage for the winter. I found a place that's heated and has full time security for $80 bucks a month. They have what they call start up on the first Saturday of each month . It`s only been a few days but I already miss my ride. I will have to go out and scrap away the snow off my 2002 Dodge Dakota .
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm with you even down here in Chicagoland area.
Snowed 10/30 they threw tons of salt so that ends the DSM driving season for me.

I don't know about other parts of the snow belt USA and up in Canada but here in Chicagoland the put so much salt/brine mixture down the roads are near solid white.

Seeing the results of which at work on all the cars that come thru.
Dakota's just like yours?
Rot right thru the frame in a a few winters or so not unheard of.
Had seen more automotive rot issues then can be imagined.
Frames, suspension, subframes, unibodies, rocker panels, core supports, strut towers, fluid lines , exhaust you name it.
We junk quite a few cars in the area due to rot.

I definitely miss driving my car, but also care enough for it not to expose my 25+ year old cars to the abuse.
This year between spring rains and when they started throwing brine again for snow, I had a little over 6 months of no salt on the roads.
Way too short of a driving season here this year.
Man I'm am thinking its time to move south.......

Same thing here in VT, at the 1st sign of sleet the highway department throws so much salt on the road that any car that travels will end up with a nice white film, my DSM is done for the season, that is probably why it's a 92 with only 33k miles on it.. :cry::ohdamn:

Hello from the other side of the St. Clair river! This is what it looked like on the Michigan side..

That's my AWD daily driver Volvo which now sits outside so that my Eclipse can wait out the winter in my garage, LOL.

Yeah winter came early this year.. but its not so bad! Cheer up guys!
Sure, it might be snowy, icy and cold up here in the north, and maybe the salted roads eat cars like I eat hamburgers, but on the bright side it's only what, 5 more months of winter up here in the north? :p and isnt it all worth it for the week and a half worth of decent weather we get every year? ROFL

Btw, they just said on the news that it's only the third coldest November on record so far in Detroit. So see? Its not that bad.. not even in the top 2. LOL

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back