The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Can You Import Any Car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilsonman02

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 11, 2002
Pa
I'm at work here, and a guy here said that the US Government allows any citizen to Import One car that doesnt have to meet any US spec's. And they will allow you to own and drive the car on public roads without question. I tryed to tell him thats not true, but he wouldnt believe me. Cause i told him the US doesnt allow ANY motorcycle manufacture to sell a motorclycle that can go over speeds of 180mph in the US. But he said that if you use or ONE IMPORT thing you could do it. What do you guys think? every heard of this?

Originally posted by Wilsonman02
But he said that if you use or ONE IMPORT thing you could do it. What do you guys think? every heard of this?

You had me up until here....is this a service of some kind? To the best of my knowledge, you MUST make all cars imported to the US DOT legal.

This is BS unless someone knows about a loophole.
Tell this story to all my friends that came back from japan and had to leave thier rides.

He was basically saying that you could get around US spec laws if you imported a car. And said that the Government will allow you to own 1 car that doesnt have to meet any US specs. So basically with that idea, you could import a F1 car and drive it around. I tryed to explain it to him but some people just dont understand.

Yah, he's a moron. Tell him Lando said so. That will put him in his place :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back