The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Can you help me price my father-in-law's Talon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lahatte

Probationary Member
Jun 24, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm helping my mother-in-law sell her deceased husband's 1992 Eagle Talon TSI Turbo AWD. He was in his 60's and the car is pretty hot. He put a lot of money into it. He kept all receipts. I'm trying to go through all the receipts now to figure out what all is on this thing. He took immaculate care of it. The car is Maroon color and is manual transmission. I have no clue what this thing is worth, so I'm hoping you guys can help me?

What I know so far from receipts:

From Fullthrottle Network:
- MAF Translator for 1G Talon/Eclipse ($199.99)
- 3.5" LS 1 MAF Sensor ($79.99)

From Tire Kingdom:
- 2 TOBU-3532 front shocks ($249.29)

From City Mitsubishi:
- Servo Kit, Throttle ($185.06)

From Forced Performance:
- Mitsu. 18G (TW W/10 Degree Clip), dry BH 12x 1.25 threads unported ($657.66)

From Napa:
- Part num 254397 Reman Com ($762.08)
- Part num 208689 Fil Dri ($49.38)
- Part num 207306 Exp Val ($59.03)
- part num 78-1202 Adapt 1 4 ($15.65)
- part num 801403 Adapter ($5.40)
- part num 735-2626 Handle ($10.86)
- thermost ($9.81)
- gasket ($0.74)

We are still finding receipts, i will list them when we get them organized...

Here is a dropbox link to pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/80sf4djv240kv2e/6ejeZibJbT

I really appreciate any help or advice you can give...

Thanks,
Michael

Wow, your late father in law had this car... Man, must of been hell of a guy.

Yeah.. he was a really cool guy. Loved cars and planes. He died in his plane in Oct 2011 in a crash. He was overly annal and very meticulous. The car was his but he also let his 38yr old son drive it some. They both enjoyed it. He bought the Talon brand new, so it's one owner... He also has a 68 Olds 442 that we will try to sell next... He bought it new as well...

I'd say in the 2500-3000 range. It's got a clean body, but no fuel mods and a bigger turbo is not the best idea.

have you tried talking to his son? sounds like it was a joint project, and I'm sure he would really appreciate getting it back.

have you tried talking to his son? sounds like it was a joint project, and I'm sure he would really appreciate getting it back.

the son wants to sell it... the family is really upset about losing him so I'm trying to help with stuff like this so they don't have to deal with it...

I think you could get at least $3000 for the car to the right person. It looks to be in excellent shape. My buddy just sold his straight beat down 92 FWD Eclipse for $1900, and it was a piece.

If I was in the market and looking for a really clean one, I wouldn't have a problem spending $3500 on that car. JMO though.

Clean, low mileage, non-ghetto 1G AWD's are getting harder and harder to find. I wouldn't take less than $3000.

well the car is worth depending on the milage and how well taken care the car is. you cannot add up all the parts in the car and make a final price, when you sell a "modded car" you are not selling the parts.
like bryan said 2,500-3,000 tops. I say keep it it shoud have more sentimental value than 3k.

It has almost 82k miles on it, intercooler, exhaust, fuel system, etc... I'm not sure of brands/sizes though... I'm sure the backseat and carpet are in the garage somewhere.. he was the type that never threw anything away..

It's hard to put a price on a DSM, even with the detailed pictures you provided. I recommend going through our
DSM Used Car Buyers Guide to give yourself a fair idea of how good of shape mechanically everything is.

If the car was mechanically sound (good compression), had proper maintenance done (timing belt/oil changes/etc.), and it starts/drives then you should expect to pull $3.5k - $4k for it.

That car is in great shape from the pictures, I'm sorry to hear about your families loss. Hopefully the next owner takes care of it just as well as your father-in-law did...

:dsm:

It's hard to put a price on a DSM, even with the detailed pictures you provided. I recommend going through our
DSM Used Car Buyers Guide to give yourself a fair idea of how good of shape mechanically everything is.

If the car was mechanically sound (good compression), had proper maintenance done (timing belt/oil changes/etc.), and it starts/drives then you should expect to pull $3.5k - $4k for it.

That car is in great shape from the pictures, I'm sorry to hear about your families loss. Hopefully the next owner takes care of it just as well as your father-in-law did...

:dsm:

it runs perfect... really cool car. Very strong. Pulls extremely hard. Maintenance was done religiously. I think every oil change and every fuel up are all documented.

Ya, I'd say don't take anything under 3.5k but shoot for 4k for sure.....that cars a complete gem! going to be jealous of the buyer, another good thing you have going for you is you have receipts for EVERYTHING and its a 1 owner car. best of luck to you and I'm very sorry for your loss.

I wouldn't take anything lesser then $3800, that car is in good condition.

I talked with the son. He said the car should be worth at least $6000. He said it runs low 11's high 10's easy and that his dad babied the heck out of the car since he bought it brand new. Here is more info that the son gave me:

2nd gen ported manifold
20g turbo
3.5" LS1 MASS Air
MAF translator
All hardpipes
External blowoff valve
ECS Intercooler
3" downpipe
Upgraded exhaust elbow
3" exhaust into HKS Dragger Muffler with no cat
Custom built by Stage 6
NGK plugs
60k miles all belts were replaced with Gates belts
All seals replaced on side (crank seal, cam seal, etc...)
New factory A/C compressor and A/C recharged
Rebuilt driveshaft
#3 Three-puck ceramic race clutch with resurfaced lightened flywheel
New shift bushings
Walbro intank fuel pump
Autometer gauges throughout car
Wideband sensor
Profec-B dual stage boost controller with button on steering wheel
Momo steering wheel and shift knob
H.I.D. headlights with refurbished headlights
Rearmount battery with cutoff switch
Rearstrut bar
17" drag wheels with 225/45 17" Potenza RE 070
Car put down just over 320awhp
Everything since day one has been logged... oil change, parts, gas, wiper blades... etc...
All wheel drive...

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense but the son is obviously clueless. 320awhp is good for mid-high 12's at best, don't even think about 11s, let alone 10s.

$6000 it will never sell, if you found the right person you may be able to squeeze $4500 out of them.

I'd say in the 2500-3000 range. It's got a clean body, but no fuel mods and a bigger turbo is not the best idea.

This^^

and any proof of that 320awhp? Sounds like bs to me. Theres no injectors on that list so that can pretty much guarantee its not making anywhere near that. Probably closer to 230hp and high 13's.

I have noticed that alot of DSM car lovers try to price their car based on the mods. Thats a beautiful car, and the fact that it was put together by an old guy tells me it was likely NOT A HACK JOB. If it runs well, dosent throw any cel, is reliable, and mostly leak free,, I would say around 4000 value. Its a nice car, low mileage,, and Im gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the mods and maintenance.

This^^

and any proof of that 320awhp? Sounds like bs to me. Theres no injectors on that list so that can pretty much guarantee its not making anywhere near that. Probably closer to 230hp and high 13's.

Not really, my friend put down 280whp with just a re-wired 255 on a 14b. This car has a 20g.

I think it's safe to say the car has injectors we just don't know about. Wideband with stock injectors? Unlikely. 20g with stock injectors? Also unlikely. The cars owner doesn't seem like an idiot and did things right.

Always keep in mind that mods do not TECHNICALLY add value.

That said, that's a fairly mild build and nowhere close to 10s. Maybe, MAYBE 4k at best, assuming it's clean inside and out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back