The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Can you FEEL it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan_tberry

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2002
Springfield, Missouri
Im thinking about buying an AEM V2 intake, but heres the question. If i get lucky and squeeze 15 to 20 HP out of it, would I actually be able to feel a difference? If anybody that has put this onto their N/T please tell me if you were satisfied. thanks!

Hell yeah you would feel a 15-20hp gain. But you wont get that much from an intake. At most I prolly got maybe 9 if even(very lucky) from my normal AEM CAI.

yo dude.....maybe your a newbie, but theres no way in hell your even pull 15 out of ANY intake on the market. Thats good that a civic DX pulled out 16 horses, but you never know if that car was COMPLETELY STOCK before they put on the intake. Anyways, youll probabaly pull a good 7hp (maybe) with the V2 INTAKE, which, is very good from an intake and its definately noticeable. I could definately tell a difference in my car when I put on my AEM intake. But for the money, I reccomend an AF/x underdrive pulley....holy fu**ing shit that thing was such a bad ass mod....get that instead, every 2GNT that has it on their car has nothing but incredibel things to say about it

no im not a newbie, ive just never thought about NA performance in my car... there is no such thing. LOL. but yea and underdrive pulley sounds pretty good, but all this is taking away from my boost money. EF it, ill probably get it anyways. Ill look em up. thanks

If your going turbo in the future dont waste your money on a CAI since you cant even use it when you go turbo.

Luke

If your going to be adding boost in the future like was stated ^^^ don;t waste the money on an expensive CAI, get one of the Ebay specials to get you by for the time. I would highly recomend getting the UDP though, it does make a world of difference. You'll be happy with the gain for the price....

I just installed my V2 this past weekend. Damn this intake sounds sweet. I'm only expecting at most five to seven horsepower out of it but I can tell the difference. My car rund a lot smoother as well and when you put your hand in the engine compartment you can feel that it is a lot cooler.

Hey guys, I have been hearing people talking about the sound of their aftermarket intakes, what sound does it make, I never thought you could hear an intake.
Rob

Originally posted by heff
Hey guys, I have been hearing people talking about the sound of their aftermarket intakes, what sound does it make, I never thought you could hear an intake.
Rob

I don't know how to explain it. It's really husky sounding. When you're in neutral and you rev your motor. If you listen you will hear the air it sounds almost like a shhh sound from the air and then following right after you will hear the rumble of the intake. I wouldn't say the air sounds as loud as a blow off valve but you can sure here the air going through the intake.

kind of like a growl at low rpms and then as you get higher its like a roar. that probably makes no sense but i dont know how to describe the sound it makes. one thing it def does is make that bov sound a whole lot more noticeable. i put my cold air on and drove by my friends house, held it till 5 grand before shiftin so right as i went by hed hear it and he swore to me that my car was turbo cuz of that sound. i dont hear it anymore tho since i got my muffler:( :dsm:

I totally agree with you. It soes sound like a blow off valve. Sometimes I leave it in neutral just so i can hear it. Man that sound gives me chills.:D

I Have AEM v2 C.A.I. and Oliver says: "GO FOR IT!"
You definetly can feel the difference, my car is pulling a lot harder with it! I'd say I gained around 7-9hp, never dynoed though.
Next mod up?
AF/X UPD.... got the part already, just need some time to do it.

Hey, im thinking of stackin up on proformance mods for my 98 rs over the winter so when summer rolls around i can slap them all on and get some powers gains. anyways im really interested in these AF/x underdrive pulley. Is it only one pulley? and where do i get it? i look on ebay but cant find anything. Let me know where to get it as well as the approximate price as well. thanks.

I don't know about the underdrive pully for 1st gens but my mechanic recommended I don't put one on. He said it causes some pretty big problems with the charging system/alternator. I would like the gain but am hesitant since I need power when running full system booms and A/C.

Originally posted by dudasd
If your going to be adding boost in the future like was stated ^^^ don;t waste the money on an expensive CAI, get one of the Ebay specials to get you by for the time.

i got an intake for 45$ shipped from ebay. I can notice more torque and it sounds cool as shit. You would definently notice an AEM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back