The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Can someone tell me what type of green I have please? (Color Code) PICS!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meliketoball

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 4, 2007
Bay Area, CA, California
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I came down to these green color codes:

-C00- dark fernleaf
-L55- spanish olive
-G56- polo green
-G12
-G84
-G99

I pulled those codes from:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/app...nt-code-help-color-code-codes-paint-code.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hangout/106113-official-green-squad-sign-if-your-dsm-green-3.html

If you guys need more pics, I can get em. And I already checked my little info plate on the firewall...it's faded away from age and I searched for them. :cry: VIN number is 4A3AK54F7VE046782.

Thanks guys!

I came down to these green color codes:

-C00- dark fernleaf
-L55- spanish olive
-G56- polo green
-G12
-G84
-G99

I pulled those codes from:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/app...nt-code-help-color-code-codes-paint-code.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hangout/106113-official-green-squad-sign-if-your-dsm-green-3.html

If you guys need more pics, I can get em. And I already checked my little info plate on the firewall...it's faded away from age and I searched for them. :cry: VIN number is 4A3AK54F7VE046782.

Thanks guys!

Im no expert on paint but that looks a lot like the color of my Nissan Titan... Wasnt even listed as a green though for some weird reason.. It was like Deep Ocean Blue or some crap... I had black 24" Incubus Paranormals on it and it looked sick. I like the dark green w/ black rims. Thinking about it and picturing it in your head you'd think dark green and black wouldnt flow, but it seems to.

You have to realize that paint does get tired after 11yrs on any metal surface, along with paint chips being totally inaccurate when it comes to the real thing.

There is also a disclaimer in that site of being that the colors represented will NOT be the accurate color, but a close representation. One has to take that into account when seeing chips or images of colors on the internet.

Being painting as a side hobby for many years - in both home and auto - that there is no such thing as the color will look the same wet as it does dry. It's just one of those things in life.

When I repainted the liftgate on my car, it was slightly darker than what the original paint was - being almost a 20yr old color. Yet, after the color settled down after spraying and clearcoat, it definitely matched some of the better coloring on my car. But, you can tell that I NOW do need a full body paint job due to the hatch looking so much better than the rest of the car.

I replaced my liftback due to a previous owner wanted to be a 'ricer wannabe' by putting a horrible wing on the back end and he didn't know how to use a drill. Thus really wasted a good liftback. I went out to a yard, and for 50 bucks, tagged a good liftback and did the repaint job.

PPG stores also have record of your code to match up the paints needed if you give them your year and make. Plus, if the manufacturer's plate is still on the firewall of your car, the paint code is right there and they know where to look for it. Also being it's all customized paints - being they have to mix it to match your code - no store bought "rattle can" paint allowed here.

Some facts for you to chew around on some... Good Luck - DSM

No, unfortunately- even though the VIN shows motor, type of vehicle class, accessories, year and assembly line.

The build identification is the sticker located on the firewall - what chassis, GVW, motor, tranny, trim, paint and model number. Then the VIN is also included to identify this build.

If a DSM is without any form of build sticker, one can almost cheat by taking the roof liner, door, and any plastic liners out to see the original paint. Then goto a site and see if the color is one listed with the year of the vehicle.

This is what I like about paint scratch: for I found a color on a car that didn't have any plate or labeling to get a color code from so I can get the paint from a PPG store.

AutoColorLibrary Color Chip Selector If you REALLY want to get crazy finding any color, or color that belongs to your car.. hit this site

thx - DSM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back