The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Can someone ID these OEM springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhan

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Installing stock suspension on an AWD 1g. I have loads of parts but need help figuring out which front springs I have here. I have two set of springs. Both sets are OEM springs for sure and I think they're both from a 1g.

Trouble is, I don't know which to install in my AWD 1g, because I don't remember where I got these springs.

The only markings on each set is either a pink and yellow paint mark, or a white and blue paint mark. Does anyone remember what these marks mean? Or can someone with a FWD 1g and AWD 1g go check to see which markings they have (your springs would have to be the originals).

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Only partially helpful, but there's what the FSM states about coil identification:

FRONT

REAR

:ohdamn: I somehow missed that page in my FSM. Thank you so much for pointing it out!

So the springs with the the pink and yellow must be the correct ones for my 1g AWD m/t.

Now to risk my life with my spring compressor......

:ohdamn: I somehow missed that page in my FSM. Thank you so much for pointing it out!

So the springs with the the pink and yellow must be the correct ones for my 1g AWD m/t.

Now to risk my life with my spring compressor......
Put a ratchet strap around the spring when you go to compress it so it doesn't kill you. I am glad I did that with mine! Run the strap thru the middle then to the outside of the spring in case it decides to get silly.

chaining the spring to something and hitting the nut with an impact works pretty good.

*note*
Everyone seems to be talking about compressing springs to install them.
I am talking about removing them because i am retarded.

Last edited:
Talk about sketchy!

First I tried using my Harbor Freight spring compressors, but they weren't up to the task and made me nervous. My step dad has one of those wall mounted spring compressors and I tried that. After I compressed the spring, I couldn't for the life me slip the shock assembly in without the two top hat pieces becoming misaligned. His spring compressor is really old and doesn't have the hooks. Had to go back a few days later when he was home. Was a two man job using that old wall mount he has. Got it done though!

Thank you again to all of you who helped with advice.

Last edited:
Glad its done and Glad you didn't get hurt. One of mine slipped out of the compressors and I was very glad I had a rachet strap around it when that happened.
Thank your dad and smile, now its done!
:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back