The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Can I use this fuel pump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a suggestion. Why dont you get a walbro pump. and they are easy to install they just replace the stock pump. Just a suggestion though. o yea, they are only $90-95. 190lph, or 255lph

To answer the original question, yes, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to install that pump. I imagine that the installation would be fairly similar to any of the other aftermarket pumps. See here for an example: http://www.vfaq.com/mods/wayback/1GFWD-pump.htm

Is there a particular reason that you're considering this pump specifically? What are your goals for this car, and what supporting mods are you planning? I know you didn't ask for parts advice, but I'd hate to see someone buy "too much part" ;)

As the previous poster suggested, a Walbro might be the easiest choice, seeing as you can find them at almost any DSM vendor, complete with an installation kit specific to your vehicle. ;)

**EDIT** I just noticed how much that pump costs.....If I may impose my personal opinion....Good lord, that's too much to spend on a "basic" aftermarket fuel pump. If your goals for this car are much over 600whp, you'll need to start thinking about a fuel cell and an external pump setup anyway. That pump is not the right pump for you. Get a Walbro.

That isn't a fuel pump. It's a booster pump. It helps support your intank pump. The intake pump pushes and this one pulls the fuel to help support more power. By installing this alone I don't think it will work very well.

95blackGsTurbo said:
That isn't a fuel pump. It's a booster pump. It helps support your intank pump. The intake pump pushes and this one pulls the fuel to help support more power. By installing this alone I don't think it will work very well.

Good catch man. Guess I should have read the whole item description. Haha. :p

Yeah I got it backwards though. That is a pusher pump. It needs to be fed fuel to push it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back