The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Can I use GSX/GST aftermarket clutch on GS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skreperiukas

Probationary Member
Nov 9, 2022
Vilnius, Europe
Hello. So something happened to one of my clutch mechanism components and I will most likely need to take out transmission either way. If I am doing that I might as well upgrade my clutch from the stock one. So here comes the question: can I use GSX/GST clutches on my poor GS? I know that there are 6 or 7 bolts configuration so what should I take or do? (My car was made in 93 registered on 94 but still has popup headlights like the 91)

Hello. So something happened to one of my clutch mechanism components and I will most likely need to take out transmission either way. If I am doing that I might as well upgrade my clutch from the stock one. So here comes the question: can I use GSX/GST clutches on my poor GS? I know that there are 6 or 7 bolts configuration so what should I take or do? (My car was made in 93 registered on 94 but still has popup headlights like the 91)
If it's like US cars no you can't. Gs uses a flat flywheel and totally different clutch.

Sounds like a 1G of some sort in Europe so the question is what engine does it have?
I don't think we are talking about a 420A here. It's either a 2.0L 4G63 NA or a 1.8L 4G37 NA.

You should be fine with a stock replacement clutch.

There are very few people who have built our engines in N/A form which put out enough power that the stock clutch isn't enough.

I do not know what trans and flywheel is used in EU spec NT 4g63. Likely the same as US and the answer stands. No you cannot use a gst or gsx clutch(they are the same).
Look for the stamp on top of the trans bellhousing. If it's F5m22 no you cannot use a turbo clutch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back