The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

can i put a 4g63 turbo engine in a 99 eclipse gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastcoastsurf48

Probationary Member
Feb 4, 2009
massapequa, New_York
hey im new to the dsm forums and i feel like an idiot asking these questions but i had a 95 eclipse gs and bought a 4g63t engine to put in it but realized its to much work to do so i just found myself a 1999 eclipse gst with a blown motor so i wanna put the new one in it will it fit and work fine? thanks dsm members

hey thanks alot man just wanted to make sure i didnt wanna make the same mistake twice LOL appreciate it

There are a few things that you have to do to install a 6bolt in a 2g dsm!

Is the new motor a 6bolt or a 7bolt?

Is it a GS or GST? YOur title says GST your post says GS.. If it's a GS, NO it won't work... If it's a GST it is the same motor.

Is it a GS or GST? YOur title says GST your post says GS.. If it's a GS, NO it won't work... If it's a GST it is the same motor.

He's putting a 4g63 into a gst ( I had to read it again to understand whats going on)but the year motor is not stated. If its a 6bolt you have to use the search to do the swap but if its a 7bolt, it will bolt right up. But i believe the 97-99's had external cam sensors so you might have to look into that or just post pics of whats going into what and we can help you from there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back