The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Can I put a 2g shell on a 1g frame?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdroitPostal

Probationary Member
Apr 13, 2022
Medicine Hat, AB_Canada
I have a 1992 eagle talon tsi awd. The body is pretty shot on it, lots of rust on the passenger side and it’s in pretty rough shape. I came across a pretty good looking 2g eclipse rolling shell, I was wondering how difficult it would be to swap the second gen eclipse body onto my talon?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well, there's no frame to swap bodies onto. All dsm's are unibody vehicles. You'd basically have to have amazing fabrication and bodywork skills to cut up both cars, take a shit-ton of measurements, and splice together the 92 shell onto what parts of your 2g donor that line up enough to make it look like it came from the factory like that. Seriously, this is a task that very few should attempt because it's basically never been done. It would be a HUGE costly endeavor. Unless you or your dad has a body shop and employees to help, it's almost impossible.

It isn't almost impossible. It IS impossible. They are two different cars that do not share the same dimensions and the frame is part of the car. There is nothing to separate. You cannot put the "body" onto the other car.

I mean ive seen some one swap an integra body onto a 98 cobra chassis, so anything is possible. Can it be done, sure, can you do it? No I doubt your fabrication skills. They are not similar and there is no guide, you will need to fabricate everything to a point that it would take several weeks of skilled welding to weld two cars into one mangled hodge podge of a car that would make you question your lifes existence every time you hit a pot hole

So to give a blunt answer, no its not a similar chassis design and not worth your time or money to make happen.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back