The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Can DSMlink control boost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Because the car isnt physically able to. Thats like telling my computer to turn on without pushing the power button. NOW. If you have a EBC. Then yea you can. Because the electronic device i designed for both a electronic and manual use. see what im getting at?

James :laser::talon:

The stock ebc has only a narrow range of control. When it's closed, boost level is limited to the activation pressure of the waste gate actuator. When it's open, it allows a few pounds more boost to the intake before sufficient pressure reaches the waste gate actuator to open it. It's not an on/off switch for the waste gate. To control boost electronically, a separate solenoid and pressure sensor are needed.

I know that is only modulates it, however once a boost thresh hold is dialed in 1 turn in either direction drastically affects boost. Same concept here, use a 30$ MBC and then modulate it with DSM link. IDEAS??

Later DR Turbo

its hard to understand what you're saying. But, either way, dsmlink wasnt made for it in the first place. And then, even if it was, you need a way to control the MBC. A device like a electronic boost controller. It just wont happen.

James :laser::talon:

You have a line from compressor outlet into the MBC
the MBC is set to say 18 psi
line out of MBC to boost solenoid
line out of boost sol to wastegate.

The very min amount of boost would be 18 psi, but just as the stock ecu bleeds off boost pressure couldn't dsm link to the same thing? I can't belive that link couldn't do that. I am not suggesting that it have a range of 10-45 psi, but I think it is very possible to have range from say 18-30, by bleeding different amonts of air off. It would just take boost estimate and air flow data to sense how much boost there is and how much to control. It could also feature a reduced boost feature as most ecus these days do, much the same as DSM link NOS feature.

Later Dr Turbo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back