The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

General Can anyone read EPROM chips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talonation777

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 15, 2005
Niagara, Ontario_Canada
When I bought my car it had a chip in the ECU.

I have since replaced it with ECMlink V3 lite. The car is running A LOT different now, so I'm wondering if anyone can decipher the parameters of the previous chip so I can replicate it and tweak it using Link?

The chip is from Result Magic (a Japanese tuning company).

The chip itself has no writing on it at all. My ECU had a couple R-Magic stickers on it and a sticker that said "serial/01I543". I tried searching it but came up with nothing.

Let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks

I can read it if i have it, but i would just tune it with ecm link according to what injectors and maf you have. It will end up running a lot better in the long run.

I want to use Link exclusively, but ever since the installation, the car is running a lot different.

I can't seem to get it back to where it was. It must have been a pretty aggressive tune, with heavy emphasis on fuel.

I'm just getting familiar with link which is why I wanted to know the parameters of the previous chip so I could use it as a guide.

The most that you will be able to do is see what a/f ratio's it was tuned for, which you should already know if you have a wideband 02 sensor, and the timing maps. I assume that you have a wideband right?

I have an AEM wideband, but I haven't installed it yet.

I'll be selling it to buy a Innovate LC1

So you have no idea what your a/f ratio's are, but you are wondering why it is running weird.

So you have no idea what your a/f ratio's are, but you are wondering why it is running weird.

As I said, I'm in the process of purchasing a new wideband. I have an AEM but I have opted not to use it because of the horror stories associated with it and link.

So yes, I don't have the means to properly monitor air/fuel at the moment. All I have is link.

Thanks Steve, I'll send you the chip if I can't find anyone closer.

As I said, I'm in the process of purchasing a new wideband. I have an AEM but I have opted not to use it because of the horror stories associated with it and link.

So yes, I don't have the means to properly monitor air/fuel at the moment. All I have is link.

You are wasting your time with trying to get the info off the chip. Just install the wideband that you have and tune it to the optimal a/f ratio.

I'm going to do just that.

Only decision now is do I use the AEM or order up the Innovate to avoid issues.

Thanks for the help.

OP, Steve is A-No. 1 when it comes to deciphering EPROM contents, as well as highly knowledgeable with ECU functions. I would highly recommend if you want the contents of the chip's bin read that you send it to him.

He would be able to tell what modifications have been made to the fuel maps, timing map,injector deadtime/injector compensation, and so on.

Considering the Link users and stock EPROM tuners seem to have better results using the Innovate WB products, and they are competitively priced with the AEM UEGO, I would go with the MTX WB from Innovate.

I know some people don't like the aem, but that's what I'm running with my link and I haven't had any problems you just have to make sure and set it up right using the link posted above. The aem will get you tons closer to a solid tune compared to guessing. You are messing with a tune right now without knowing if your rich as hell or leaning way out. That's never a good idea

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back