The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Can anyone help? Clakrsville area...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93TSiAWD4blt

Probationary Member
Jul 19, 2011
Athens, Michigan
Hey guys, I think I just blew a timing tensioner on my car and have no clue how to replace it. Nor do I really have the tools/garage/space to do it. I live in Hopkinsville but am willing to travel a little bit if needed. I need help doing the job itself, and I can buy all the parts needed. Is there anyone that is willing to help a little bit?

Normally I would Jump right on to helping with this but the only thing I can offer since I live in an apartment complex is words of advice and guidence...

Extreme psi has oem tensioners for around 87 bucks or so and timing is fairly easy the tensioner is as easy as removing 2 bolts and putting the new one in. Of course this is after removing the pullies and timing cover.

I do though suggest getting a new timing belt while your doing the job because Anytime you mess with timing you should always get a new belt!

Yeah, I'm going to get the belt too, that's a given to me. I'm just hoping that it's a BS issue/belt and not my timing belt... Last thing I need is for my car to just give up on me right now LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back